Re: [SubEthaEdit] Connect across subnets

    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 17, 2007
      On 10.09.2007, at 19:51, mechcozmo wrote:

      > I use SEE on a university network. To take notes in class, my
      > friends and I need to be able to
      > connect to each other's computers. I have a hostname registered, and
      > can ping my computer
      > from their computer, etc. However, I cannot tell SEE to connect to
      > my computer without
      > using the Internet dialog box... which fails. (I think because it
      > tries to go out to the internet,
      > then come back in, which it doesn't need to do and is blocked for
      > security concerns) Is there
      > a way to tell SEE what computer to connect to on a local network,
      > bypassing the Bonjour
      > auto-discovery?

      The "Internet" window allows (or should allow) you to connect to an
      arbitrary IP address. It won't connect to the internet if the IP is
      within your local subnet.

    • mechcozmo
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 19, 2007
        That isn't working. It worked _once_ but since then we haven't been able to re-
        establish a connection. SEE always times out, and even when we use a document URL, the
        other computer cannot resolve it. Is there any way to hop through these subnets?

        Brandon