Re: Trouble with collaborative edditing lately :s

  • thomazzl
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 10, 2006
      I've got a wireless network indeed but apart from SubEthaEdit, everything is working fine. I
      have no problem using instant messaging softwares nor any other internet based
      programs.
      And I'm not sure, but wouldn't I see it in the menu bar if my computer was reconnecting to
      the network all the time ?
      And the problem happens even on the computer that is right next to the router.

      I'll just revise what I said about being contacted, because it seems to work after all. But
      once on the document, the same problem (I don't see what's written by the others and the
      connexion is lost after a few minutes) still happens.

      Don't... don't know how to say it en english but I'll live with the problem (I suppose) if you
      can't solve it. Thanks for your efforts ^^

      --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "dasgeniedotcom" <dom@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > thanks for providing the information.
      >
      > If the network works and you can make connections it usually has to be something we
      do
      > wrong in the program and network protocol. If the network fails, it should fail for all
      > connection based network programs. Do you have problems when using other network
      > software? (mail, web, file transfer, etc?). When people are shown as "connection lost" in
      the
      > internet browser, that should mean that the network connection was broken somehow.
      But
      > that should not cause images of users to not be shown or loaded - only when the
      > connection is lost almost instantly. Maybe your network router does a reconnect all the
      > time? If it does the connection is lost on every reconnect, and thats normal behaviour.
      You
      > need a steady internet connection for SubEthaEdit to work. Another issue could be, if
      you
      > are using wireless, that you have some interference with another wireless device, that
      > causes your computer to loose and reconnect to your router all the time. Again this
      would
      > cause the connections to be broken.
      >
      > From the information you provided it seems that you dont have a steady network
      > connection. Does your iChat connection work? Or do you experience disconnect with
      iChat
      > too?
      >
      > It's difficult to debug network problems remotely,
      >
      > best,
      > dom
      >

      > --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "thomazzl" <thomazzl@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi, thanks for answering !
      > >
      > > I'm sorry, I'll post to the BugShelf next time.
      > >
      > > a) There was nothing about SubEthaEdit in console.log
      > > b) Is this really necessary ? I may be repeating myself but it seems to have something
      > do
      > > with my network more than with my account or computer. What's more, I already tried
      > > throw away the preferences file so I've got a fresh new one. I don't think there's
      anything
      > > very interesting about it.
      > > c) I can always see my own picture, both in the internet/bonjour browser and when on
      > > document.
      > > d) This time I know I'll be repeating myself if I say I don't think that it's the answer ;),
      > here
      > > it is anyway : http://sergelebotaniste.free.fr/divers/System%20Profile.txt
      > > e) Reminds me I forgot to say that after a few minutes, the people I contacted are
      shown
      > > as "Connexion lost". I don't see any other problems.
      > > f) It changed nothing I'm afraid...
      > >
      > > I spend my time talking about my network and I didn't even tell what it was. So my
      > > modem/router is called Tecom AH4021. I've got three computers connected to it (the
      > > problem happens on the three) and huum, as I said, I mapped ports 6942 to 6951.
      I've
      > got
      > > 128-bit WEP enabled and... I don't know what else to say.
      > >
      > > Thanks again for your help.
      > >
      > > --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "dasgeniedotcom" <dom@> wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Hi!
      > > >
      > > > actually the right place would be https://www.codingmonkeys.de/bugs/
      > > > we heard of your kind of problem, but thought we fixed most of the issues that
      could
      > > > result in such behaviour. So firstly we need more information:
      > > > a) Please look into /Applications/Utilities/Console.app in the console.log file if you
      > can
      > > > find any lines that start with "SubEthaEdit[" (you can type this text into the search
      field
      > in
      > > > the upper right). If you do, please send the lines to us
      > > > b) Please send us the file at ~/Library/Preferences/
      > de.codingmonkeys.SubEthaEdit.plist
      > > > c) Please verify if you can see your own picture in the internet/bonjour browsers as
      > well
      > > as
      > > > in the general preferences
      > > > d) Please send us your system profile ((Apple Menu -> About This Mac -> More
      Info...
      > > ->
      > > > Save As... (Plain Text)))
      > > > e) Please tell us if SubEthaEdit behaves wrongly in any other kind of way.
      > > > f) Verify your "Me" Card in addressbook, and edit your email and aim information.
      > > >
      > > > Maybe we can help you if we know more,
      > > > best,
      > > > Dominik

      > > I'm
      > going
      > > > well
      > could
      > > live
      > > see
      > see
      > me,
      > > he
      > on
      > > > my
      > > same
      > it.

      > > > have
      > AFTER
      > > the

    • thomazzl
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 18, 2006
        I changed absolutely nothing but it works again ! Don't know where it came from but I'm
        relieved, I was starting to wonder how I was going to live without collaborative editing.
        Sorry for bothering you !