Run SubEthaEdit from Server?

  • Ken G. Brown
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2007
      I've just downloaded SubEthaEdit and played with it a bit using Applescript to get it to open files on the server. Basically the idea we have is for everyone to be able to update the same customer note files from whatever point of sale computer they happen to be on.
      I got to wondering, in a multi computer situation, is it best to have a copy on each computer or does each computer's user run a copy from the server?

      And does each computer have to be signed on to the server or is there a way to access server files without explicitly signing on, like via the server IP address?

      Any scripting examples, tips or pointers to information will be greatly appreciated in order to help get me up to speed in a hurry.

      Thx,
      Ken