Re: [SubEthaEdit] Scrolling Window from AppleScript?

  • Stefan Brantschen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007

      On 30 Apr 2007, at 15:00, Martin Pittenauer wrote:

      >> Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
      >> insertion point) from AppleScript?
      >
      > Unfortunately we don't have suport for that at the moment.

      Thanks for the info. Would you consider such AppleScript
      functionality in the future? Background: I use SubEthaEdit as
      monitoring device glued into a (Lua) debugger, and being able to make
      a currently invisible, but selected line would be useful.

      Thanks and regards
      -- Stefan
      Message 2 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
        --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Brantschen <sbr@...> wrote:

        > Hi
        >
        > Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
        > insertion point) from AppleScript?
        >
        > Thanks and regards
        > -- Stefan

        Reviving a slightly older thread...

        This can be done using UI Scripting. You basically have System Events click the appropriate
        menu entry, in this case "Jump to Selection". I show how to do that in a blog post here:
        <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2007/07/seeing-latex-3-from-pdfview-
        to.html>. I use it as part of a shell script, but the relevant bits of AppleScript can be
        isolated without any trouble.

        Hope that helps,
        Michael