Re: [SubEthaEdit] Scrolling Window from AppleScript?

    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 30 6:00 AM
      On 21.04.2007, at 14:22, Stefan Brantschen wrote:

      > Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
      > insertion point) from AppleScript?

      Unfortunately we don't have suport for that at the moment.

    • Stefan Brantschen
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30 8:37 AM

        On 30 Apr 2007, at 15:00, Martin Pittenauer wrote:

        >> Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
        >> insertion point) from AppleScript?
        >
        > Unfortunately we don't have suport for that at the moment.

        Thanks for the info. Would you consider such AppleScript
        functionality in the future? Background: I use SubEthaEdit as
        monitoring device glued into a (Lua) debugger, and being able to make
        a currently invisible, but selected line would be useful.

        Thanks and regards
        -- Stefan
        Message 3 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
          --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Brantschen <sbr@...> wrote:

          > Hi
          >
          > Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
          > insertion point) from AppleScript?
          >
          > Thanks and regards
          > -- Stefan

          Reviving a slightly older thread...

          This can be done using UI Scripting. You basically have System Events click the appropriate
          menu entry, in this case "Jump to Selection". I show how to do that in a blog post here:
          <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2007/07/seeing-latex-3-from-pdfview-
          to.html>. I use it as part of a shell script, but the relevant bits of AppleScript can be
          isolated without any trouble.

          Hope that helps,
          Michael