Scrolling Window from AppleScript?

  • Stefan Brantschen
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 21, 2007
      Hi

      Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
      insertion point) from AppleScript?

      Thanks and regards
      -- Stefan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007
        On 21.04.2007, at 14:22, Stefan Brantschen wrote:

        > Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
        > insertion point) from AppleScript?

        Unfortunately we don't have suport for that at the moment.

      • Stefan Brantschen
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 30, 2007

          On 30 Apr 2007, at 15:00, Martin Pittenauer wrote:

          >> Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
          >> insertion point) from AppleScript?
          >
          > Unfortunately we don't have suport for that at the moment.

          Thanks for the info. Would you consider such AppleScript
          functionality in the future? Background: I use SubEthaEdit as
          monitoring device glued into a (Lua) debugger, and being able to make
          a currently invisible, but selected line would be useful.

          Thanks and regards
          -- Stefan
          Message 4 of 4 , Jul 4, 2007
            --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, Stefan Brantschen <sbr@...> wrote:

            > Hi
            >
            > Can I scroll a SubEthaEdit window to show the current selection (or
            > insertion point) from AppleScript?
            >
            > Thanks and regards
            > -- Stefan

            Reviving a slightly older thread...

            This can be done using UI Scripting. You basically have System Events click the appropriate
            menu entry, in this case "Jump to Selection". I show how to do that in a blog post here:
            <http://appliedabstraction.blogspot.com/2007/07/seeing-latex-3-from-pdfview-
            to.html>. I use it as part of a shell script, but the relevant bits of AppleScript can be
            isolated without any trouble.

            Hope that helps,
            Michael