99Opening File and Positioning Cursor on Line from Shell

  • sbrantschen
    Apr 17, 2007
      I am aware of "see" to open files directly from the shell. Now I need two functions that go
      beyond that, namely:

      -- opening a file with the cursor positioned at a specific line

      -- setting the cursor to a specific line in an already open file window

      As said, from the command line. I guess it can be done with some "osascript" wizardry, but
      alas I am not really fluent in AppleScript (to say the least :.-). Could some good soul with the
      right knowledge give me some support, please?

      Thanks a lot.
      -- Stefan
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic