54XMPP backend

  • m0k4t2
    Oct 16, 2006
      I'm sure that this would be somewhat low on the list, but what about
      transporting the BEEP protocol over XMPP? My company has a bunch of
      devs on macs, and getting them on SEE would be real nice, but we also
      run a tight ship and we don't multicast route, so Multicast DNS
      (Bonjour) is right out. We do however, have a Wildfire (Jabber/XMPP)
      server. Each SEE instance could connect to the server and others
      would then be able to see who is online and talk back and forth, no
      MDNS necessary. And it works across subenets and you get encryption
      for free.

      Moshe
    • Show all 3 messages in this topic