201Re: Updating the Makefile mode

  • jtgroth007
    Aug 19, 2009
      --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "michael_j_barber" <michael_j_barber@...> wrote:
      > First, the keywords are not colored as I would expect. As a specific example of the issue, consider the following two lines:
      > SHELL=/bin/sh
      > SHELL = /bin/sh
      > The SHELL in the first line is colored as a keyword, the SHELL in the second is not. Some keywords don't ever seem to be colored. This happens with the unmodified Makefile mode as downloaded from the codingmonkeys.de website, before I make any changes. I really don't have any idea why this is. The definitions seem consistent with how keywords are given in other modes, so I suspect it may have something to do with the state definitions.

      I noticed similar behavior in the PHP-HTML mode and I filed a bug for it (SEE-3865). As excited as I am for the code folding, I had to downgrade to 3.2.1, because the inconsistent and erratic syntax coloring was proving to be a distraction and decreasing my productivity.

      Jeff Groth
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic