171Re: AppleEvent TimedOut

  • underdoeg
    Apr 3, 2008
      Tanks for your quick reply.

      I already set the timeout. But that didn't work. But with the try I can at least show a decent
      error message. Thanks.

      I don't really think it has something to do with the time my script takes because it works
      perfectly when i run it out of script editor and the timeOut message appears right after I
      try to run it from SubEtha. A timeout should at least take a few seconds before happening
      or am I wrong?

      I recoded the whole thing now and will start it as an application for the moment. If it
      works the way I'm expecting it, Ill post it here

      --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "michael_j_barber" <michael_j_barber@...> wrote:

      > --- In SubEthaEdit@yahoogroups.com, "underdoeg" <underdoeg@> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone.
      > >
      > > I am trying to compile the currently open as code file with mxmlc. It did work
      actually.
      > But
      > > then suddenly I got the following error message:
      > >
      > > SubEthaEdit got an error: AppleEvent timed out. (-1712)
      > >
      > AppleScript doesn't wait forever for a response. IIRC, it times out after a minute. If your
      > compile takes longer than that, you'll get the error above.
      >
      > Try wrapping your call to the compile in a "with timeout" statement. It should look
      > something like
      >
      > with timeout of (60*30) seconds
      > compileDocument()
      > end timeout
      >
      > That gives 30 minutes for the compilation to complete.
      >
      > Wrap it in a try to handle any error that still comes through.

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic