the site www.DizainaCentrs.lv This site I wrote on MacOS9.2 using SimpleText with
ColorMenu. It's text independent coloring and styling possibility is indispensable tools to
keep the code organized.
Recently my old iBook wears out and I was to obtain new miniMac with Leopard in it. To
continue do my job I reviewed dozens of html editing software available on the web, still
it appear to color just tags what does not suit me at all. So I strive to get SimpleText again,
still it appears to be impossible to install the ColorMenu and I did not found also an
So, finally, I am very glad to find Your software - Style, which I would like to purchase. I
downloaded trial and found that Style accurately reads all previously (in SimpleText)
assigned colors, bolds, italics etc. Everything seems to be excellent except few matters,
where I would like to kindly ask for Your help:
1. Encoding. May be I just did not manage to find it, still by now it appears that Style does
not support encoding for Baltic countries - BalticRim = windows-1257 (this is standard
meta charset for all Latvian sites). I performed several tests and got following results:
- when opened in Style, previously (in SimpleText) written Latvian characters appear
- I still can write new text with Latvian characters and it appears correct (Style
automatically assigns GenevaCE font, ignoring even what stated in it's own preferences,
and does allow to change it only to other CE fonts. If I try to change to non-CE font, Style
stops to allow any further changes at all);
- on "save" Style maintains .htm extension (it is very OK);
- when now rendered in Safari - vice versa - old Latvian characters (written in
SimpleText) renders correctly but the newly written (in Style) renders wrong;
- when reopening this htm textfile in Style, again - previously written Latvian characters
are wrong, newly written with Style - are correct.
So the question is - Are there possibility to somehow fix it, so that Latvian characters
display correctly in both - Style (so that I see what was written previously and what I am
writing presently) and web browsers (so that visitors see what I did wrote for them :-))?
2. Spread. Again, may be I just did not found how to customize it, but by now Style do not
allow the text to spread over the full width of the working window (like Apple's TextEdit or
SimpleText). Instead Style wraps text in some fixed position - about 55 characters at 14pt
size. Is it possible to somehow overcome this too?
3. One more question - Is it possible to tell the Style to further assign it's own creator to
these htm files, so that to make it possible to open them into the Style with a double-
click. Other way my Leopard everytime tells me that he suspects that I am choosing the
wrong software which possibly will not open my htm document.
If it could be possible to overcome these issues, I would be very happy to purchase Your
software. I would be even ready to pay some extra, if any applicable.
With my many thanks and best regards,