Re: [REBT-CBT-FORUM] Ellis's Time Square anti-shame exercise.

  • Jeffrey Klayman
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 9 12:09 PM
      Hi AK,
      It's not a myth.  Gunars told me that Ellis used to send him out on shame-inducing exercises that would curl your toes (lol!)  And he did them.  I've not been able to do those yet with "stuttering" but trying to work up to that.
      jeff

      ak wrote:

      I read that too Steve. I think that particular exercise was a more gradual exposure to overcoming his shyness but the one I mentioned seems more like a 'flooding' kind of technique. A bit like going into a room full of spiders and staying there. Lol. If I'm not mistaken I think it was Burns who I think mentioned Ellis doing it. I don't know. Just curious as to the source or if it's a Rebt urban myth!