- I think that would be better. I have been running ragged and have not been paying attention to some things. :-) Forever Fallible Human Being, eh? If you can beMessage 1 of 1 , Apr 1, 2010View Source
I think that would be better. I have been running ragged and have not been paying attention to some things. J Forever Fallible Human Being, eh?
If you can be a little more specific in your answers, I would like it anyway. J For example, what do you mean by “attitudes towards everything”. Can you give us some specific examples?
From: REBT-CBT-FORUM@yahoogroups.com [mailto:REBT-CBT-FORUM@yahoogroups.com] On Behalf Of Jeff Klayman
Sent: Thursday, April 01, 2010 8:11 PM
Subject: Re: [REBT-CBT-FORUM] Jeff, until you put it in your own words--it is only sand in the winds
Gunars K. Neiders wrote:
Share with us:
1) How has been the journey with REBT so far? It's been good. I'm reading Ellis' "Overcoming Destructive Behaviors... etc." and it's the best of his so far. It's making me think for the first time seriously about my attitudes towards everything (not just stuttering) and I can see how REBT has help you (Gunars) overcome your stuttering to whatever extent you have at the moment.
2) What have you liked about it?See above-I answered that one in the last question. But again, it's forcing me to rethink everything and to realize how much I've been feeding myself negative expectations all my life.
3) What have you disliked about it?So far-nothing. I find Ellis' writing style a bit awkward in that it veers back and forth from erudite and professional to sometimes whiny but that's okay. NOBODY's perfect and Ellis would be first to admit that.
4) What can you add to what REBT says?That's a tough one right now. Let me get back to you on that. Okay?
Again, Gunars-should I not respond to questions or comments by also replying to Stutter_Less forum???
From: Jeff Klayman [mailto:jskd133@ earthlink. net]
Sent: Wednesday, March 31, 2010 9:40 AM
To: Gunars K. Neiders
Subject: [Fwd: Library Notice]
Morning-this is waiting for me. My 3rd Ellis book in 3 weeks.
I'll pick it up today. I'll reply to other queries on the site.
-------- Original Message --------
Wed, 31 Mar 2010 02:22:12 -0700 (PDT)
Santa Monica Public Library <sirsi@csmpl. smpl.org>
Wednesday, March 31, 2010
601 SANTA MONICA BLVD
SANTA MONICA , CA
JEFFREY S. KLAYMAN
11645 CHENAULT ST #206
LOS ANGELES , CA
You have library holds available for pickup at the
location indicated above.
Library maps, phone numbers & hours are available at
1 Overcoming destructive beliefs, feelings, and behaviors : new directions
for rational emotive behavior therapy / Albert Ellis.
call number:616.891 ELLIS copy:1