RE: [StudyingKala] Re: Ardra Galactic Plane

  • Ernst Wilhelm
    Message 1 of 15 , May 14, 2012

      The galactic plane is the center line of the galaxy, basically the equator of the galaxy and it passes through the galactic center.

        --
        Vanaja

        416-493-0223 (home)
        416-702-7508 (cell)
        www.VanajaGhose.com (an artist's website)

      • Ernst Wilhelm
        Message 3 of 15 , May 14, 2012

          http://www.vedic-astrology.net/FreeClasses/Ayanamsa-and-Rasis.asp

          Message 4 of 15 , May 14, 2012
            Perfect, thanks!

            Sent from my iPad...

            Message 5 of 15 , May 17, 2012
              Ernst,

              Are you saying that old texts mention a galactic center and galactic plane? Which ones?

              Thank you,
              Vic

              --- In StudyingKala@yahoogroups.com, Vanaja Ghose <vanaja.ghose@...> wrote:

> [...]
              > > middle of Mula? Rationally they both make a lot of sense. What is more
              > > importnat, the galactic center or the galactic plane created by this
              > > center? It is a tough decision.****
              > >
              > > ** **
              > >
              > > When I did sidereal rasis I used ardra galactic plane ayanamsa with much
              > > better results than any ayanamsa i tried. Then spent months workng ofr a
              > > guy predicting stock market for him and I had better results with dhurva
              > > galactic center. Then I though also that i had better results with tara and
              > > planets as per the Tara tables in Kala, then I also had better luck with
              > > charts I was very familiar with, so at that point I switched to dhruva
              > > galactic center. But is it reallly right, it is hard to say as nakshatras
              > > are just not as concrete as rasis. Rasis give solid details, colors, sizes,
              > > dignities, nakshatras do none of these things, so they are so much more

            • Ernst Wilhelm
              Message 6 of 15 , May 17, 2012

                no, they do not, which is the reason they used stars as ayanamsa reference points which correlated to ayanamsas based on galactic center. I am sure seers knew of its existence, but it would be hidden knowledge as there would be no way to show it to anyone else.

                Message 7 of 15 , May 17, 2012
                  Can you explain this more, then, "HOWEVER, the old astronomical texts put these in dhruva coordinates but people did not know that and so used wrong ayanamsas."

                  What are "dhruva coordinates"?

                  Message 8 of 15 , May 18, 2012

                    What I meant was that the choose stars as reference points on the ecliptic that matched with positions of the galactic center or galactic plane in the middle of mula.