Re: New to the group

  • we1sbach
    Message 1 of 37 , Jan 1, 2012
      Hi all, this is most interesting. I think I've seen some lamps like this used in a shop, also in Cardiff indoor market iirc.

      Does anyone know which London boroughs may be using these, as mentioned on their site? (also although in Suffolk they use an 020 30 phone no - are these used in East Anglia?)

      These are stirring times in the introduction of white light. Do authorities installing new systems under PFI have to stick with their specified light source, or can they switch if one of the new sources becomes predominant?

      Cheers, Chris G.

      --- In StreetlightingUK@yahoogroups.com, "James" <james_carl60@...> wrote:

      > Cheers, indeed i've never seen a Induction lighting myself however the Lantern that is used run SON lamps not Induction Lamps, the other thing is i was the Frist to have these Lanterns Install as i reported some lanterns back in November they replaced a Urbis Linford & a GR 70 with out a Bowl the i frist saw them installed, at first i didn't know why the Holophane QSM wasn't used so i Emailed the Council in asking what they where the Cape i know who Dears with the Streetlighting things at the Council he Said the lantrns were INDO lanterns i right away looked at the site to see what the they were, i thought INDO was new to Streetlighting but from how it looks they've been around for about 20 years! Since November there have been more INDO lanterns of which i have been the one who has actally had these installed Because some like two Sky Global Lanterns have little holes in them (Could be something to do with Kids using small Rocks at them as i've come by more or it could be to do with old Age?)
      > i only report them becase of if they may stop working if rain water gets in side them so i do it for that reason or if its a Lantern with the Bowl missing like theres a 1970s AEG stradasole lantern that'll been replaced on less they Find a Bowl to use on it. The one without its Bowl is on Flickr the funny thing is i only worked out its the Same lantern i reported last week so its Been Missing its Bowl Since July as it says on the Page Seen here. its the 2nd one anlong.
      >
      > http://www.flickr.com/photos/tug/5901527211/
      >

      > that INDO Lantern which is used is seen in the Products & Services at the Street Lighting Luminaires it is the 1st or 2nd Lantern. the Photo Cell used from what i've seen is Minicell and one is already Dayburning in my aren it replaced a other 1988/89 Sky Global Lantern which didn't Light up well at night looked like a 10w SON lamps than a 50w SON so it was replaced for that reason.
      >
      > http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=MK77HN&hl=en&ll=52.016016,-0.701553&spn=0.000026,0.01354&hnear=MK7+7HN,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16&vpsrc=0&layer=c&cbll=52.016016,-0.701553&panoid=_uU_JTwVtifjVKaWCUrl1Q&cbp=12,265.42,,2,-5.17
      >
      > if you zoom out you'll see a Urbis Saturn these are used all Over MK in Houing arens the one seen was replaced by a QSM.
      >
      > Regards
      >
      > James
      >

      > --- In StreetlightingUK@yahoogroups.com, sailormoon_01_uk <sailormoon_01_uk@> wrote:
      > >
      > > For Indo Lighting see http://www.indolighting.com/index.html

    • James
      Message 37 of 37 , Feb 26, 2012
        Hi All,

        Today i saw two lanterns with Induction lamps on 10m columns the lanterns i think are INDO lanterns. From the look of it they were installed for a Zebra crossing but the Zebra crossing itself has had two WRTL Libras in black installed this shows the Zebra crossing before hand.

        http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=dunstable&hl=en&ll=51.882319,-0.536098&spn=0.000106,0.054159&hnear=Dunstable,+Central+Bedfordshire,+United+Kingdom&gl=uk&t=m&z=14&layer=c&cbll=51.882298,-0.536202&panoid=9MPNQUJbGBqNpEBciPmMuQ&cbp=12,83.57,,0,-3.49

        The same lanterns are seen on bedfordshirestreetlighting.webs.com in Milton Ernest as seen here

        http://bedfordshirestreetlighting.webs.com/apps/photos/photo?photoid=125504250

        Regards

        James