Of No Relevance Whatsoever To Anything Else On This Site ........

  • chateau_distorted
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 30, 2006
      I really should share this with everyone at Stratosphere, although
      I'm not certain what sort of response I'll get. This is partly as no-
      one I've ever told about this - and I'm not the only person from my
      old neighbourhood who's had this laughed out of court, as it were -
      has ever believed me. Now, I grew up in the west of Scotland, near
      Glasgow. In a town called Coatbridge. Now you might not
      automatically associate one of Clydesides drabber suburbs with the
      glamour and excitement of Manhattan BUT if you've any interest in
      one of the more influential bands of the'CBGB's era - specifically,
      the Ramones, then it might interest you to know that around a mile
      and a half north of where I grew up there is a small village which
      is called Ramoan. Actually a suburb of the larger town of Glenboig,
      nonetheless, it exists. And no-one who didn't grow up in the area
      ever believes this.

      Could a separate discussion on exactly how influential the Ramones
      were on bands such as the JAMC, Curve, Swervedriver and numerous
      others start here ? Or am I talking through someone's hat? And does
      a discussion of this nature actually belong in Maximum Rock 'n' Roll
      or somewher similar ?