Bella Union updates

  • pateticorecordings
    Message 1 of 11 , Mar 6, 2006
      Shop Specials

      My Latest Novel
      Wolves - NEW!
      >>Buy Now £9.99

      Dirty Three / Josh Pearson
      Doris / I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry- NEW!
      >> Buy Now

      Various Artists
      NEW! - Bella Union Sampler
      >> FREE when you order..

      Live listings

      06 Mar: Howling Bells @ Barfly, London

      07 Mar: My Latest Novel @ The Venue, Edinburgh

      09 Mar: Howling Bells @ Music Box, Manchester

      09 Mar: My Latest Novel @ Moshulu, Aberdeen

      10 Mar: My Latest Novel @ Blowout, Manchester

      12 Mar: My Latest Novel @ Barfly, Liverpool

      >> Full Live Listings

      My Latest Novel are giving away just one exclusive
      book of hand-written lyrics to promote their
      forthcoming album, Wolves. To find out more click

      The Wolves are amongst us..

      About a year ago I heard a whisper about a young
      Scottish band called My Latest Novel. I wasn't really
      sure what to expect but got myself along to one of
      their early London shows at the less than salubrious
      Dublin Castle. I immediately thought they were
      fantastic; really exciting and fresh. They didn't
      really remind me of anything I had seen before other
      than perhaps the attitude and look of the Postcard-era
      bands like Orange Juice and Josef K. A month later I
      went to see them again at the ICA and the room was
      jam-packed with A&R men from every label. I knew I
      desperately wanted to sign them but honestly didn't
      think I would stand a chance with the buzz around the
      band. But when I got back from the gig I wrote them an
      email straight away telling them how much I loved it
      and that was that really. I guess the band had as good
      taste in labels as I do in bands as they chose to work
      with us.

      Wolves, the debut album out today, is one of the most
      arresting debuts by a young band in years. Overflowing
      with invention and ideas, its like the aural
      equivalent of the film ' Mirror' by Andrei Tarkovsky.
      Unafraid to be different, My Latest Novel illustrate
      exactly why the UK is such a rich oasis for great and
      original music.

      A Beautiful Union....

      Mar 6th - Dirty Three and Josh Pearson (Lift to
      Experience) - Doris / I'm So Lonesome I Could Cry.
      This is a very special, very limited double A-side
      Vinyl single featuring two very fine and respected
      artists indeed. This is a complete bellaunion.com
      exclusive - you won't see this in any shops. Only
      1,000 in existence

      Podcasts, Downloads and Forums
      Also for the entire month of March we are giving away
      some exclusive new tracks from The Dears, My Latest
      Novel, Howling Bells and Dirty Three as well as a very
      special secret track at the end of the month. Please
      feel free to tell all your friends about it. After all
      who doesn't love a bit of free music? Get your
      downloads here

      In other news this month, Bella Union had it's first
      podcast. Simon R and the rather lovely Gill Mills
      played new tracks from The Dears, My Latest Novel,
      Howling Bells, Fionn Regan and many more - listen here

      Also the all new bella union forum is up and running
      so please feel free to come and discuss the hot issues
      of the day here

      Do You Yahoo!?