Album Releases - Odds 'n' Ends.

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 4, 2006
      Maple Bee aka Melanie Garside, the younger sis of Katie-Jane Garside
      (of Daisy Chainsaw and Queen Adreena), released an album called
      Chasing Eva in 2004. She's back with a band called Huski and they
      have a new album coming out soon.

      Actress Toni Collette has a band, Toni Collette and The Finish, and
      they have an album coming out called Beautiful Awkward Pictures.

      Actor John Corbett (my 2nd fave actor from Northern Exposure, next to
      Darren Burrows) has a self-titled album out (or out soon) that was
      recorded in Nashville.

      Pearl Jam's 8th studio album, self-titled, will be released in early
      May.

      March 7 - new Mogwai album.

      April 11 - new Built To Spill album.

      April 18 - new Dresden Dolls album.

        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 6, 2006
          You lucky bastard! (Please picture John Cleese of Monty Python fame
          saying it and you'll understand how I mean it - LOL) From what I've
          read and seen from their videos and pix, they must put on one hell
          of show. I can't even imagine how Katie-Jane gets through a gig...

          Do you think they have/will split up? Were there any indicators, as
          such, at the gig you went to? I really haven't been following them
          with a magnifying glass - just listening to their tunes, mainly, so
          I don't know what kind of state they're in.

          I didn't even know about Melanie Garside and her musical projects
          until recently! I'll have to look into that as well...

          Jen

          --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Jon Gordon
          <chateau_distorted@...> wrote:

          > I saw a Queen Adreena gig not so long ago - they are something, if
          they haven't split up that is - Huski are a band I am going to look
          up on

          > Jen <jdloc4@...> wrote: Maple Bee aka Melanie Garside, the
          younger sis of Katie-Jane Garside
          > (of Daisy Chainsaw and Queen Adreena), released an album called
          > Chasing Eva in 2004. She's back with a band called Huski and they
          > have a new album coming out soon.
          >
          > Actress Toni Collette has a band, Toni Collette and The Finish,
          and
          > they have an album coming out called Beautiful Awkward Pictures.
          >
          > Actor John Corbett (my 2nd fave actor from Northern Exposure, next
          > Darren Burrows) has a self-titled album out (or out soon) that was
          > recorded in Nashville.
          >
          > Pearl Jam's 8th studio album, self-titled, will be released in
          early
          > May.
          >
          > March 7 - new Mogwai album.
          >
          > April 11 - new Built To Spill album.