Re: Music Performances on TV in USA.

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
      I don't know. Those late night (and talk) show schedules are always
      in flux, and many times, the bands they list end up not appearing
      (at least that's what's happened to me when I try to record stuff).

      At Kimmel's official site it does not say it's a rerun, but that
      doesn't mean it isn't. Yes, that was a lot of negatives in one
      sentence! Anyway, here is the link to the official Kimmel site if
      you want to check directly:

      http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/

      It does seem odd for a band to be there over a 2-week period,
      although I know Carson Daly has had bands on during the week for
      several days in the past...

      Jen

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, eboe@c... wrote:

      > is she wants revenge on kimmel a re-run? they were just on there
      last
      > week!
      >
      > Gary Thrasher
      > eboe@c...
      > www.fadedsympathy.com ~ ethereal goth rock with female vocals

      Channel

      Message 2 of 14 , Feb 6 9:25 AM
        All times EST in US. Check your local listings for different days,
        times, schedules, etc...

        Monday, February 6 - Conan is a repeat with Death Cab for Cutie.
        Jimmy Kimmel has James Blunt. Mtv2 airs Avenged Sevenfold Make a
        Video at 4pm EST and it repeats all through week. Check a TV
        schedule for times. Mtv2 also repeats Avenged Sevenfold Live from
        San Diego at 4:30pm EST.

        Tuesday, February 7 - Carson Daly has Imogean Heap. Tony Danza has
        Aqualung. FUSE airs Loaded: My Chemical Romance at 1:30pm EST
        (bunch of their videos).

        Wednesday, February 8 - Letterman has the Beastie Boys. Leno has
        The Fray. Carson Daly has Imogean Heap again. CONAN HAS SIGUR
        ROS!! CBS has The Grammys at 8pm EST, with Madonna and Gorillaz
        opening the show and U2, Coldplay, and Bruce Springsteen as some of
        the scheduled performers.

        Thursday, February 9 - Ellen has backstage Grammy coverage and
        exclusive interview with Madonna. Conan has Aimee Mann.

        Friday, February 10 - Leno has Fiona Apple.

        Jen
      • rswappleton@juno.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Feb 6 2:19 PM
          I would like to see this. Too bad I don't own a TV.

          > Wednesday, February 8 - CONAN HAS SIGUR ROS!!

          --- RSW
          The Niagara Frontier
          www.raymondscottwoolson.com
        • Arturo Chavero
          Message 4 of 14 , Feb 6 6:32 PM
            --- rswappleton@... wrote:

            > I would like to see this. Too bad I don't own a TV.
            >
            > > Wednesday, February 8 - CONAN HAS SIGUR ROS!!
            >
            > --- RSW

            I'm Sure it will wind up on the net ;)

            http://mail.yahoo.com
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 7 11:11 AM
              I'm just floored that Sigur Ros will be on Conan...although I'm
              thinking of the Agaetis Byrjun-era hand and those songs, and not their
              more laid-back, 'samey-sounding', repetitive (though still beautiful)
              songs of ( ) or their more lively, but still repetitive songs of Taak.

              Taak's been out for a while now, though, hasn't it? I'm just
              wondering why all of a sudden Sigur Ros will appear on Conan. I guess
              they happened to be in the US (maybe on tour? sorry, I don't follow
              who is touring where; there's just too much going on with all that!)
              and want to keep promoting their album? Just wondering...

              I hope they don't cancel at the last minute! :0

              Jen

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 9 11:12 AM
                Whoo hoo - Sigur Ros was on Conan late last night, and they're
                playing a sold out show at Madison Square Garden tonight (so that's
                why they were on Conan...).

                My "whoo hoo" is a bit tempered because the song they played (off of
                Taak, Conan said, but I couldn't tell) was verrrry slow-paced and
                stately, long-time-between-notes-deal, spacious and contemplative,
                with narrow tonal shifts and a reigned-in Jonsi singing high-
                pitched, elongated, controlled, bird-like, slow swoops of vocals and
                playing keyboard. The band was bathed in blue light (I'll call it
                cerulean...LOL) and one green spotlight and consisted of 2 guitars,
                a xylophone, and a horn section, and I swear that I could barely
                hear any of them!

                Sorry, I don't mean to sound too nitpicking, but I like it when
                Sigur Ros sounds more like magna erupting and less like a slowly-
                melting glacier.

                There's this one song on Von, their debut album, that best captures
                what I mean by that (but I don't know the title) - it's all fiery
                crashes of burning, shimmering, dense sound with Jonsi wailing away
                (still kinda slowly, but with more force than the delicate nature of
                ( ) album) in anguish.

                Just my opinion! :) Did anyone else see their performance? What
                did you think?

                Jen

                --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Arturo Chavero
                <artc505@...> wrote:

                > --- rswappleton@... wrote:
                >
                > > I would like to see this. Too bad I don't own a TV.
                > >
                > > > Wednesday, February 8 - CONAN HAS SIGUR ROS!!
                > >
                > > --- RSW
                >
                > I'm Sure it will wind up on the net ;)

                > http://mail.yahoo.com

              • pateticorecordings
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 9 12:50 PM
                  I saw it... it was good but nothing like their live
                  performances years ago (the one that was on reverb-hbo
                  that was filmed at the TLA was grandious). Personally,
                  though I love their music I think it is turning kind
                  of repetitive and boring. But hey they are selling out
                  the MSG. My only gripe with that is not with the band
                  but the fans of this music... unless the artist is
                  signed and getting tons of press, etc people don't
                  show up to see their local talents/artists which are
                  equally as good if not better...

                  I've been working with bands from all over since 98
                  and have seen great bands that get no respect and
                  break up after a couple of years because of it.

                  It's a damn shame... if you are in NYC I recommend you
                  go out to shows by A PLace To Bury Strangers (OLiver
                  of Skywave), Project Skyward, Autodrone, Apollo
                  Heights (ex The Veldt), the Art of Shooting, etc. You
                  won't regret it I promise.

                  Keep your ears ready because 3rd annual Popnoise Fest
                  in Philly in Sept will be one of the best ones ever
                  and if you happen to be in Puerto Rico April 7 & 8
                  come on out for the 1er Festival de Ruido-Pop
                  (Popnoise Fest in PR).

                  Smiles,

                  Tommy
                  http://www.popnoisefest.com
                  http://www.myspace.com/popnoisefestival
                  http://www.myspace.com/panophonic
                  http://www.myspace.com/stellarscope

                  pateticorecordings
                  http://www.pateticorecordings.com
                  http://www.popnoisefest.com
                  http://www.stellarscope.net
                  http://mp3.com.au/stellarscope
                  http://mp3.com.au/panophonic

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 20 8:16 AM
                    Not too much, as far as I can tell -

                    Tuesday, February 21 - Jimmy Kimmel has Augustana.

                    Thursday, February 23 - Craig Ferguson has the Lashes.

                    Friday, February 24 - Craig Ferguson has Ian Astbury and The Cult!

                    Saturday, February 25 - E! Channel repeat Saturday Night Live episode
                    with Bjork (it's from October 18, 1997 and I'm pretty sure she does a
                    powerful Bachelorette).

                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 27 8:17 AM
                      Monday, February 27 - The Strokes on Letterman and JENNY LEWIS (of
                      Rilo Kiley and former actress) on Craig Ferguson.

                      Tuesday, February 28 - The Dropkick Murphys on Conan.

                      Wednesday, March 1 - OK Go on Jimmy Kimmel, SUPERGRASS on Carson Daly,
                      and Dwight Yoakam on Leno.

                      Thursday, March 2 - Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah on Letterman and
                      Rhett Miller on Leno.

                      Friday, March 3 - Jamie Cullum on Leno, All-American Rejects on Craig
                      Ferguson, The Subways on Letterman, and Wicked Wisdom on Carson Daly.

                      Saturday, March 4 - Polyphonic Spree on Austin City Limits.

                      Thursday, March 9 - Neko Case on Leno.

                      Message 10 of 14 , Mar 6, 2006
                        Monday, March 6 - Conan has Dressy Bessy, Letterman has Beth Orton
                        (from January 24), Craig Ferguson has Ben Lee, Carson Daly has
                        Natasha Bedingfield, and Jimmy Kimmel has Panic! At the Disco.

                        Tuesday, March 7 - Conan has Matisyahu, Letterman has Beastie Boys
                        (from February 8), Leno has Kris Kristofferson, Jimmy Kimmel has
                        Jamie Cullum, and Carson Daly has Joshua Radin.

                        Wednesday, March 8 - Leno has Bon Jovi, Jimmy Kimmel has Matisyahu,
                        Craig Ferguson has Fiona Apple, and Carson Daly has Big City Rock.

                        Thursday, March 9 - Ellen has Floetry, Leno has Neko Case, and
                        Carson Daly has The Academy Is...

                        Friday, March 10 - Letterman has She Wants Revenge (from February
                        16), Leno has Russell Crowe and The Ordinary Fear of God, Jimmy
                        Kimmel has, and I quote, "Punk rock pioneers John Lydon and Steve
                        Jones from the Sex Pistols 2." Not sure what the 2 means..., and
                        Carson Daly has Jack's Mannequin.

                        FYI for next week:

                        Leno will have Goldfrapp (March 13), The New Cars (March 14), and
                        Rob Zombie (March 15).