Music Performances on TV in USA.

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 23, 2006
      Monday, January 23 at 10pm EST on PBS (in New York area) for 1 hour -
      Soundstage - Chris Isaak performs his greatest hits. Repeats
      Saturday, January 28 at 3am EST.

      Also Monday, January 23 on Leno - Ladysmith Black Mambazo with Sarah
      McLachlan, and on Conan - Matt Pond, PA (maybe - the online schedule
      lists that band, but Yahoo TV schedule does not).

      Tuesday, January 24 on Live with Regis and Kelly - Natasha
      Bedingfield, and on Letterman - Beth Orton, and on Carson Daly - The
      Constantines.

      Wednesday, January 25 on The Ellen DeGeneres Show - Ladysmith Black
      Mambazo with Sarah McLachlan.

      Thursday, January 26 on Live with Regis and Kelly - Enya, and on
      Craig Ferguson - Iron & Wine and Calexico.

      Friday, January 27 on Craig Ferguson - Aimee Mann.

      Check your local listings for different days/times/schedules.

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 23, 2006
        Just saw that on Tuesday, January 24 Jimmy Kimmel will have She
        Wants Revenge.

        Jen

        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jdloc4@a...>

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
          Monday, January 30 - Jimmy Kimmel has She Wants Revenge.

          Tuesday, January 31 - Carson Daly has Imogen Heap - and E! Channel
          is repeating on old Saturday Night Live with Tori Amos as musical
          guest at 2am EST in US.

          Wednesday, February 1 - Letterman has repeat with We Are Scientists -
          and Carson Daly has Imogen Heap again.

          Friday, February 3 - Regis and Kelly have Sean Paul.

          Going into next week:

          Monday, February 6 - Jimmy Kimmel has James Blunt - and Conan has
          Death Cab for Cutie.

          Wednesday, February 8 - Conan has SIGUR ROS!! (Wow, I hope it
          actually happens!!)

          Thursday, February 9 - Conan has Aimee Mann.

          Jen
        • eboe@columbus.rr.com
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
            is she wants revenge on kimmel a re-run? they were just on there last
            week!

            Gary Thrasher
            eboe@...
            www.fadedsympathy.com ~ ethereal goth rock with female vocals

            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 30, 2006
              I don't know. Those late night (and talk) show schedules are always
              in flux, and many times, the bands they list end up not appearing
              (at least that's what's happened to me when I try to record stuff).

              At Kimmel's official site it does not say it's a rerun, but that
              doesn't mean it isn't. Yes, that was a lot of negatives in one
              sentence! Anyway, here is the link to the official Kimmel site if
              you want to check directly:

              http://abc.go.com/primetime/jimmykimmel/

              It does seem odd for a band to be there over a 2-week period,
              although I know Carson Daly has had bands on during the week for
              several days in the past...

              Jen

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 6, 2006
                All times EST in US. Check your local listings for different days,
                times, schedules, etc...

                Monday, February 6 - Conan is a repeat with Death Cab for Cutie.
                Jimmy Kimmel has James Blunt. Mtv2 airs Avenged Sevenfold Make a
                Video at 4pm EST and it repeats all through week. Check a TV
                schedule for times. Mtv2 also repeats Avenged Sevenfold Live from
                San Diego at 4:30pm EST.

                Tuesday, February 7 - Carson Daly has Imogean Heap. Tony Danza has
                Aqualung. FUSE airs Loaded: My Chemical Romance at 1:30pm EST
                (bunch of their videos).

                Wednesday, February 8 - Letterman has the Beastie Boys. Leno has
                The Fray. Carson Daly has Imogean Heap again. CONAN HAS SIGUR
                ROS!! CBS has The Grammys at 8pm EST, with Madonna and Gorillaz
                opening the show and U2, Coldplay, and Bruce Springsteen as some of
                the scheduled performers.

                Thursday, February 9 - Ellen has backstage Grammy coverage and
                exclusive interview with Madonna. Conan has Aimee Mann.

                Friday, February 10 - Leno has Fiona Apple.

                Jen
              • rswappleton@juno.com
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 6, 2006
                  I would like to see this. Too bad I don't own a TV.

                  > Wednesday, February 8 - CONAN HAS SIGUR ROS!!

                  --- RSW
                  The Niagara Frontier
                  www.raymondscottwoolson.com
                • Arturo Chavero
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 6, 2006
                    --- rswappleton@... wrote:

                    > I would like to see this. Too bad I don't own a TV.
                    >
                    > > Wednesday, February 8 - CONAN HAS SIGUR ROS!!
                    >
                    > --- RSW

                    I'm Sure it will wind up on the net ;)

                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                    Message 9 of 14 , Feb 7, 2006
                      I'm just floored that Sigur Ros will be on Conan...although I'm
                      thinking of the Agaetis Byrjun-era hand and those songs, and not their
                      more laid-back, 'samey-sounding', repetitive (though still beautiful)
                      songs of ( ) or their more lively, but still repetitive songs of Taak.

                      Taak's been out for a while now, though, hasn't it? I'm just
                      wondering why all of a sudden Sigur Ros will appear on Conan. I guess
                      they happened to be in the US (maybe on tour? sorry, I don't follow
                      who is touring where; there's just too much going on with all that!)
                      and want to keep promoting their album? Just wondering...

                      I hope they don't cancel at the last minute! :0

                      Jen

                      Message 10 of 14 , Feb 9, 2006
                        Whoo hoo - Sigur Ros was on Conan late last night, and they're
                        playing a sold out show at Madison Square Garden tonight (so that's
                        why they were on Conan...).

                        My "whoo hoo" is a bit tempered because the song they played (off of
                        Taak, Conan said, but I couldn't tell) was verrrry slow-paced and
                        stately, long-time-between-notes-deal, spacious and contemplative,
                        with narrow tonal shifts and a reigned-in Jonsi singing high-
                        pitched, elongated, controlled, bird-like, slow swoops of vocals and
                        playing keyboard. The band was bathed in blue light (I'll call it
                        cerulean...LOL) and one green spotlight and consisted of 2 guitars,
                        a xylophone, and a horn section, and I swear that I could barely
                        hear any of them!

                        Sorry, I don't mean to sound too nitpicking, but I like it when
                        Sigur Ros sounds more like magna erupting and less like a slowly-
                        melting glacier.

                        There's this one song on Von, their debut album, that best captures
                        what I mean by that (but I don't know the title) - it's all fiery
                        crashes of burning, shimmering, dense sound with Jonsi wailing away
                        (still kinda slowly, but with more force than the delicate nature of
                        ( ) album) in anguish.

                        Just my opinion! :) Did anyone else see their performance? What
                        did you think?

                        Jen

                        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Arturo Chavero
                        <artc505@...> wrote:

                        > --- rswappleton@... wrote:
                        >
                        > > I would like to see this. Too bad I don't own a TV.
                        > >
                        > > > Wednesday, February 8 - CONAN HAS SIGUR ROS!!
                        > >
                        > > --- RSW
                        >
                        > I'm Sure it will wind up on the net ;)

                        > http://mail.yahoo.com

                      • pateticorecordings
                        Message 11 of 14 , Feb 9, 2006
                          I saw it... it was good but nothing like their live
                          performances years ago (the one that was on reverb-hbo
                          that was filmed at the TLA was grandious). Personally,
                          though I love their music I think it is turning kind
                          of repetitive and boring. But hey they are selling out
                          the MSG. My only gripe with that is not with the band
                          but the fans of this music... unless the artist is
                          signed and getting tons of press, etc people don't
                          show up to see their local talents/artists which are
                          equally as good if not better...

                          I've been working with bands from all over since 98
                          and have seen great bands that get no respect and
                          break up after a couple of years because of it.

                          It's a damn shame... if you are in NYC I recommend you
                          go out to shows by A PLace To Bury Strangers (OLiver
                          of Skywave), Project Skyward, Autodrone, Apollo
                          Heights (ex The Veldt), the Art of Shooting, etc. You
                          won't regret it I promise.

                          Keep your ears ready because 3rd annual Popnoise Fest
                          in Philly in Sept will be one of the best ones ever
                          and if you happen to be in Puerto Rico April 7 & 8
                          come on out for the 1er Festival de Ruido-Pop
                          (Popnoise Fest in PR).

                          Smiles,

                          Tommy
                          http://www.popnoisefest.com
                          http://www.myspace.com/popnoisefestival
                          http://www.myspace.com/panophonic
                          http://www.myspace.com/stellarscope

                          pateticorecordings
                          http://www.pateticorecordings.com
                          http://www.popnoisefest.com
                          http://www.stellarscope.net
                          http://mp3.com.au/stellarscope
                          http://mp3.com.au/panophonic

                          http://mail.yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 14 , Feb 20, 2006
                            Not too much, as far as I can tell -

                            Tuesday, February 21 - Jimmy Kimmel has Augustana.

                            Thursday, February 23 - Craig Ferguson has the Lashes.

                            Friday, February 24 - Craig Ferguson has Ian Astbury and The Cult!

                            Saturday, February 25 - E! Channel repeat Saturday Night Live episode
                            with Bjork (it's from October 18, 1997 and I'm pretty sure she does a
                            powerful Bachelorette).

                            Message 13 of 14 , Feb 27, 2006
                              Monday, February 27 - The Strokes on Letterman and JENNY LEWIS (of
                              Rilo Kiley and former actress) on Craig Ferguson.

                              Tuesday, February 28 - The Dropkick Murphys on Conan.

                              Wednesday, March 1 - OK Go on Jimmy Kimmel, SUPERGRASS on Carson Daly,
                              and Dwight Yoakam on Leno.

                              Thursday, March 2 - Clap Your Hands and Say Yeah on Letterman and
                              Rhett Miller on Leno.

                              Friday, March 3 - Jamie Cullum on Leno, All-American Rejects on Craig
                              Ferguson, The Subways on Letterman, and Wicked Wisdom on Carson Daly.

                              Saturday, March 4 - Polyphonic Spree on Austin City Limits.

                              Thursday, March 9 - Neko Case on Leno.

                              Message 14 of 14 , Mar 6, 2006
                                Monday, March 6 - Conan has Dressy Bessy, Letterman has Beth Orton
                                (from January 24), Craig Ferguson has Ben Lee, Carson Daly has
                                Natasha Bedingfield, and Jimmy Kimmel has Panic! At the Disco.

                                Tuesday, March 7 - Conan has Matisyahu, Letterman has Beastie Boys
                                (from February 8), Leno has Kris Kristofferson, Jimmy Kimmel has
                                Jamie Cullum, and Carson Daly has Joshua Radin.

                                Wednesday, March 8 - Leno has Bon Jovi, Jimmy Kimmel has Matisyahu,
                                Craig Ferguson has Fiona Apple, and Carson Daly has Big City Rock.

                                Thursday, March 9 - Ellen has Floetry, Leno has Neko Case, and
                                Carson Daly has The Academy Is...

                                Friday, March 10 - Letterman has She Wants Revenge (from February
                                16), Leno has Russell Crowe and The Ordinary Fear of God, Jimmy
                                Kimmel has, and I quote, "Punk rock pioneers John Lydon and Steve
                                Jones from the Sex Pistols 2." Not sure what the 2 means..., and
                                Carson Daly has Jack's Mannequin.

                                FYI for next week:

                                Leno will have Goldfrapp (March 13), The New Cars (March 14), and
                                Rob Zombie (March 15).