The Third Face album by Malory reviewed at Somewhere Cold:

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 5 6:22 PM
      Here is part of the review; go to
      http://www.somewherecold.com/modules.php?
      op=modload&name=Reviews&file=index&req=showcontent&id=167
      to see the rest of it - and if you haven't checked out Somewhere Cold
      website out yet, here is homepage:
      http://www.somewherecold.com/index.php

      "Malory: The Third Face (Supermodern, 2005)

      Hailing from Germany, Malory brings to the table lush sounds and
      gentle, engaging vocals. The band consists of Jorg Kohler (vox, bass,
      and programming), Daniel Hammer (guitar, programming, and vox),
      Daniela Neuhauster (vocals and guitar), and Jorg Jakel (drums). The
      Third Face is Malory's new offering and it is their first since 2002.
      From what I hear on this disc, the wait for the new album was more
      than worth the wait. Malory is shoegaze at its best, with shimmering
      guitars and breathy vox.

      The Third Face begins with "Sleeper." This is a mid-tempo song with a
      backbeat, soaring guitars, and Jorg's fantastically gentle vocals.
      The bass work is subtle and perfect while the keys lay down an calm
      ocean of sound for the rest of the music to lie upon. Neuhauster and
      Kohler's vox play off one another as they support each other's
      voices. "Silence Flows Through Noise" begins with spacey keys that
      are soft and floating. Then, an almost danceable backbeat comes into
      play. This is filled out with great bass work and Neuhauster's and
      Kohler's vocals. The variations in the sounds are subtle, but
      fantastic, showing that they are adept at both songwriting and
      mixing. Their sound is captivating and hypnotic. "She Has Gone"
      begins with bass, keys, and Kohler's vox. This song reminds me a lot
      of Slowdive in its feel and sound. Eventually, this changes and
      Malory's sound starts to creep out from under their influences. I
      really like when Neuhauster backs up Kohler because her voice is so
      subtle and a perfect companion to Kohler's soft, male vocals."