Scott Cortez, ie lovesliescrushing, back with New Album!

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 4, 2005
      Check out his interview at somewherecold.com, specifically:
      http://www.somewherecold.com/modules.php?
      op=modload&name=Sections&file=index&req=viewarticle&artid=146&page=1

      From that interview, in his own words -
      "i like the newest one that will come out this summer, called CHORUS.
      it is pretty special to me and very difficult to make because of the
      rule i set before us, sans guitar. there are no guitars on CHORUS, it
      is acapella and that really makes things hard. i concentrated my
      efforts on making songs using only our voices, focusing on what makes
      us LLC, so that our voice comes through. i was afraid that it
      wouldn't work there for a while, that i had bit off a bit more than i
      could handle. i felt i had made a mistake putting such a large
      limitation before us and spent many a night cursing this album.

      i am proud of it because it exceeded my expectation by sounding the
      most like us and yet strangely alien at the same time. it is
      definitely going to be the one that people will remember us for.
      shoegaze acapella, actually more like ambient acapella or blis-
      spella. i think it might be a new direction for us to explore, i
      can't think of that many bands doing it. we hinted at it on
      GLISSCEULE back in 2001, which featured two acapella tracks."

      Additional info at:
      http://www.livejournal.com/community/angelic_voices/