Help Liam McKahey (& The Bodies) fund his new album!

    Message 1 of 26 , Apr 18, 2014

      Check out the details here.  You can get some nice goodies for contributing to the process of finalizing his latest album, titled Black Vinyl Heart: http://www.pozible.com/project/180154

      Official Facebook site: https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies

      Message 2 of 26 , May 12, 2014
          ...is up at RebelNoise.com:  "Amy and Steve open up about their indie/punk/hardcore/alternative music book “No Slam Dancing, No Stage Diving, No Spikes – An Oral History of the Legendary City Gardens”."  It's a great read!!
            Message 3 of 26 , Jun 1, 2014
              "The dream-rock band releases a winning single that mingles Oliver’s lushly melancholic vocals with rock guitar ring and storm-tossed rhythms."

              Message 4 of 26 , Jun 7, 2014
                Pete Fij / Terry Bickers (Adorable / House of Love) really need your help to get playlisted on 6Music
                View this email in your browser
                PETE & TERRY'S POP PLAYLIST PLEA

                Hi there,

                If you haven't got time to read all this e-mail, just skip to paragraph 5 - the bit that starts "It will only take 30 seconds". It's really important to us!

                Pete Fij / Terry Bickers are close to releasing their album on July 7th & things have been going really well - picking up small but very positive reviews in press and picking up spot plays on the radio.
                If you live in UK you'll know about it, but here in England there's a big player in the radio for indie / alternative music called BBC6Music. It's where our music has the best chance of reaching exactly the kind of audience we need to help this grow & is a key influencer for other press in UK as well as foreign media as well.
                Last week our single 'Out of Time' won Single of The Week on BBC6Music Steve Lamacq Round Table review programme, beating Manic Street Preachers, La Roux, Pains Of Being Pure At Heart & David Byrne amongst others but we haven't been playlisted yet.
                .
                We have now been shortlisted for the Rebel Playlist - effectively an X-Factor-style shoot out between 3 acts to get A-Listed on 6Music next week - that would mean being played on every single show every day all of next week. This would be amazing for us, and would be great validation of all the hard work we have put in to this, and is the kind of coverage that normally only the really big players get, so we really, really, really need your help. We need everyone we know (and hopefully their friends as well) to vote for us, and to pass the message on and get others to help out. We can't tell you how much it would mean to us to get this.

                It will only take 30 seconds - it's 3 clicks and then your job is done:
                1. Go here:
                http://www.bbc.co.uk/6music/playlist/rebelplaylist
                2. Click on the bit that says 'Which is your favourite track? Vote Now'
                3. Cast your vote - preferably for Pete Fij / Terry Bickers!

                That's it. You can vote on computers, laptops and mobile devices so I suppose in theory you could vote on a multitude of devices.

                We'd love it if after voting you could get other people to do the same. Share on Facebook, Twitter etc. We have till Sunday.

                Thankyou, thankyou, thankyou

                If you haven't got much time you can stop reading here, - thankyou for your time. For those who are interested, below are more details.

                You can watch the video for our current single 'Out of Time' here. There are are also Pete Fij-directed videos for 'Downsizing' & 'Betty Ford' which both featured on BBC Music vide festival last year.

                The album will be out on 7th July but you can pre-order it from our Bandcamp page here and get a free immediate download.

                Live UK dates in July (click on link for details):
                2nd Worthing
                3rd Brighton
                16th London
                22nd Norwich
                23rd Coventry

                Support on all shows is from I Am Ampersand (he's the '&' in Fujiya & Miyagi) - click to see the video to his fabulous single here

                Note - all shows are on non-world cup nights

                You can find us at www.facebook.com/petefijterrybickers
                or I'm on twitter @petefij

                Many thanks for your time & help

                Pete & Terry
                www.petefijterrybickers.com
                www.facebook.com/petefijterrybickers
                https://twitter.com/petefij
                Message 5 of 26 , Jun 8, 2014
                  "Frontman Etienne of the French rock band enlightens and delights regarding the act's British sound, English lyrics, feverishly catchy album, and worldwide touring."

                  Message 6 of 26 , Jun 11, 2014
                    ...No Slam Dancing, No Stage Diving, No Spikes: An Oral History of the Legendary City Gardens is up at Adquacy.net:

                    "Amy Yates Wuelfing’s and Steve DiLodovico’s book on the famed indie music club (1980s to mid-1990s) is a compelling and entertaining read."

                    Message 7 of 26 , Jun 19, 2014
                      "Laura-Mary and Steven crank up the rock and captivating vocal harmonies on their self-titled 4th album."

                      Message 8 of 26 , Jul 1, 2014

                        Pete Fij / Terry Bickers (ex-Creation Records - Adorable / House of Love) have finally got off their arses and released an album! Whisper it quietly, but it's going quite well...
                        Photo Credit: Tiya Ivy
                        PETE FIJ TERRY BICKERS (EX-CREATION RECORDS)

                        ALBUM PRE-ORDER NOW AVAILABLE WITH IMMEDIATE DOWNLOAD
                        SINGLE OUT TODAY
                        LIVE UK SHOWS START THIS WEEK

                        Hello

                        In a word - 'Wow'!

                        It's been a busy few weeks and whisper it quietly, but so far things have gone really well, and much of it is down to your help - we won Single of the Week on BBC6Music Roundtable & we also won The Rebel Playlist (thanks to all who voted for us!). We've had daytime plays on Shaun Keavney, Lauren Laverne, Steve Lamacq, Radcliffe & Maconie & Gideon Coe's 6Music shows, we've lunched with Clive Anderson & Suggs (Madness) when we were guests on 'Loose Ends' on Radio 4,. This week we got a fabulous four star review in Mojo ("Gorgeous"), glowing praise from The Guardian ("Lovely"), John Robb from louderthanwar called 'Broken Heart Surgery' "one of the most captivating albums of the year", not to mention we've had 'Song Of The Year' accolade from A Musical Prioirty.

                        To be honest me & Terry can be quite pessimistic chaps when we put our minds to it (as anyone who had heard the album will testify), but the reception the album has got has made even our sour-lipped faces crack into something resembling a smile - so thank you to everyone who has helped.

                        Today , (Monday 30th July) is the official release of Out Of Time - watch us partying like it's 1999 in the video, and share with your friends . It's available as a download from i-tunes, amazon and our very own bandcamp page.

                        If you missed out on the Kickstarter campaign which got us off on this fabulous journey, you can PRE-ORDER THE ALBUM from our Bandcamp site (where you can also buy the ltd edtion Pete Fij solo version of the album) - all CD pre-orders get a free immediate download, and we will begin shipping the CDs this week. The album will also be available from online and UK record stores.

                        This week we begin our live UK shows, that takes in some beautiful, quirky and hidden venues
                        (click date for tickets).
                        Wed 2nd Persia Bar, WORTHING
                        Thurs 3rd Komedia, BRIGHTON
                        Wed 16th St Pancras Old Church, LONDON
                        Wed 22nd Bicycle Shop, NORWICH ...UPDATE: it's TUESDAY 22nd
                        for Norwich & WEDNESDAY 23rd for Coventry (not wed/thur)
                        Thur 23rd The Tin, COVENTRY

                        Support on all shows is from the fabulous I Am Ampersand (alter ego of Matt from Fujiya & Miyagi). We'd love to pack these shows out - so we really hope you can come.

                        Asides from buying the album and coming to see us live, any help you can give is massively appreciated. We're keen to hear from any live promoters or labels - (both in UK or international). If you know any press or online music writers who might want to write about us, please send them our way, or anyone else who might be a good lead.

                        Many thanks for your support

                        Message 9 of 26 , Jul 15, 2014
                          "The lovely Rachel of British indie-pop band Flowers drops details about the trio’s blossoming pop sound, Bernard Butler connection, and upcoming debut album."

                          Message 10 of 26 , Jul 19, 2014
                            "All of the band members chime in with wild and wonderful replies about their mind-bending avant-garde style."

                            http://rebelnoise.com/interviews/interview-with-the-bastards-of-fate

                            Message 11 of 26 , Jul 20, 2014
                                      One of New Jersey's most interesting indie-rock/pop bands (Well, that's what I think!), New Politicians, will be releasing its 3rd EP titled Remission soon, but they need your help in getting the EP mixed and mastered and creating some merch for fans.  Here's the direct link where you can find out what you get when you pledge a certain amount of green:

                              "We are working towards getting our 3rd EP professionally mixed and mastered as well as acquiring merch for our fans!"

                              Message 12 of 26 , Jul 21, 2014
                                I'm kinda wondering how long these Yahoo Groups will be sticking around, what with all the changes going on in the Yahoo world, like the closing down Yahoo Voices... If you want to keep up with my music-related posts and other ramblings, and prefer using FB to Yahoo Groups, please send a friend request to https://www.facebook.com/JenStratosphere

                                See you there,

                                Message 13 of 26 , Jul 29, 2014
                                  "Page and Dan reflect upon their hypnotically dreamy new album, evolving creative process, and Elephant 6 connections."  The Rose Explodes is an excellent album IMO!

                                  http://www.adequacy.net/2014/07/interview-with-dream-boat/

                                  Message 14 of 26 , Aug 5, 2014
                                    and here dear friends after many years in the erstwhile wilderness is some DAISY CHAINSAW news, a 'kind of' press release:

                                    Buzzsaw Records is pleased to announce the new SPECIAL EDITION release of the unique 1992 album Eleventeen by Daisy Chainsaw - one of the original grunge/post punk bands. This special edition includes two CDs comprising the original track listing plus B sides, the 3 eps, never before released tracks, never before released photos, original artwork and commentary from band members, photos and a written piece by Mic Mercer. This small run special edition release (1000 copies) has been soley put together by Crispin Gray and KatieJane Garside, it's theirs as they want it to be.

                                    also at the new daisy chainsaw website: http://www.daisychainsaw.net/
                                    crispin has a garage punk voodoo rock band called THE DOGBONES, go here for more details:

                                    and some RUBY THROAT news:

                                    its been a while...

                                    so here we are, somewhere in nowhere, turning our little wheel of intention, the glass on the compass has cracked, you can find me in the hinges of creaking doors...meanwhile RUBY THROAT pick up their broken shells; and ask the wind to quiet down, 4th album 'BABY DARLING TAPORO' soon come, we can hear a thread of music in our hair...

                                    ...and RUBY THROAT are on the 3rd jeffry lee pierce THE GUN CLUB tribute album 'axels and sockets', along with iggy pop, debbie harry, nick cave, thurstun moore etc, it is a very rich and interesting record, cyress grove asked us to do this and we were truly, shyly, thrilled...the song 'secret fires' is a beauty, a lovely song to inhabit for a while, profits go to charity...more here:

                                    always with love in all ways.

                                    Message 15 of 26 , Aug 14, 2014
                                      "Angela LaBaw, AKA Hopscotch, reveals details about her recent electronic-pop EP, can-do attitude, and smoothly captivating vocals."

                                      Message 16 of 26 , Aug 14, 2014
                                        "Eric R., with input from other Weird Womb members, delivers details about the Brooklyn-via-Tucson band's brand spankin' new rock/punk/garage EP."

                                        Message 17 of 26 , Aug 20, 2014
                                          Heya everyone -

                                          Please, please, please let the New Politicians band members get what they want!!  They need $800 in under 10 hours now to complete their Kickstarter campagin for their 3rd EP!  Listen to their post-punk, Interpol-like tunes and lend 'em a hand - well, some money - at the link below.

                                          Jen

                                          Message 18 of 26 , Aug 22, 2014
                                            "Mike Furey unleashes a killer dance-pop song with a video comprised of eye-catching images and ideas."

                                            Message 19 of 26 , Aug 27, 2014
                                              Sorry, no time for that many helpful descriptors!  But lots of great music/artists on this list for you to peruse and check out:

                                              1.  Steve Kilbey & Martin Kennedy - Songs From The Real World Volume 2 (release date: August 22) and in 2015 SK & MK's 4th collab album

                                              2.  Tipper Whore - Just The Tip (out since May, I think?!)

                                              3.  mr. Gnome - The Heart of a Dark Star (to be released in November - Can't wait!!)

                                              4.  Gemma Ray - Milk For Your Motors

                                              5.  William Gruff - Crossed Me (indie guitar pop-rock w/ male vocals)

                                              6.  Amanda X - Amnesia (indie guitar rock w/ female vocals)

                                              7.   The Twilight Sad -Noboby Wants To Be Here and Nobody Wants To Leave (to be released in October - Can't wait!!)

                                              8.  Scarlet Soho - 3rd EP (synth-pop)

                                              9.  Weird Womb - Laziness EP (garage/post-punk rock)

                                              10.  Steve Kilbey - Miscellanaea: Whispers In Static (2011-2013)

                                              11.  The Pains of Being Pure at Heart - Days Of Abandon

                                              12.  Morrissey - World Peace is None of Your Business

                                              13.  Amber Gazelle Valentine (of Jucifier) - Devil's Tower I (released recently, but the songs are from 2004; low-key indie alt-folk; unusual for Amber)

                                              14.  Seasurfer - Dive In (German band; dream-rock)

                                              15.  Snowbird - Moon (Simon Raymond of Cocteau Twins and Stephanie Dosen; sounds very C. Twins-like!)

                                              16.  Madison - In the Bright Light EP (super-catchy dance-pop)

                                              17.  Vaniish (AKA members of Veil Veil Vanish) - Memory Work

                                              18.  Wrongchilde (AKA Mat Devine of Kill Hanna) - Gold Blooded

                                              19.  Skating Polly - Fuzz Steilacoom (Two younger gals who rock out like it's early 1990s)

                                              20.  Maple Bee (sis of KatieJane Garside) - Little Victories

                                              21.  Tori Amos - Unrepentant Geraldines

                                              22.  D E N A - Flash (hip-pop)

                                              23.  Interpol - El Pintor

                                              24.  Client - Authority

                                              25.  Field Mouse - Hold Still Life

                                              26.  No Devotion (Geoff Rickly of Thursday and members of lostprophets)

                                              27.  Sounds of Sputnik (dream-pop/rock)

                                              28.  Tennis System - Technicolour Blind

                                              29.  The Rentals - Lost In Alphaville

                                              30.  Mia Doi Todd - Floresta

                                              31.  The Brittanys - It's Alright EP (teenage sneer and grimy pop-rock)

                                              32.  Celestial Shore - Enter Ghost

                                              33.  Pompeii - LOOM (post-rock guitar-driven tunes)

                                              34.  SeaLions - Number One Lover EP

                                              35.  CHLLNGR - Form of Release

                                              36.  Populous - Night Safari (intricate electro-world tunes)

                                              37.  Alex June - Big Bang (Chilean electro artist)

                                              38.  Brian Lopez - Static Noise (shades of Jeff Buckley/Bowie to his intonation)

                                              39.  The Tills - Howlin'

                                              40.  The Muscadettes (in 2015)

                                              41.  The Smittens - Love Record Breaker EP

                                              42.  New Myths - Give Me Noise

                                              43.  Katie Kate - Nation

                                              44.  Rich Aucoin - Ephemeral

                                              45.  Mosaics - Of Colors

                                              46.  The Balcony Stars

                                              47.  Toydrum (Pablo Clements and James Griffith of UNKLE) - Distant Focus Vol 1 (mini-album)

                                              48.  Ugly Kids Club - Head Games EP

                                              49.  SPC ECO - The Art of Pop

                                              50.  International Blue (with Liam McKahey of Cousteau)

                                              Message 20 of 26 , Sep 6, 2014
                                                "Dirk and Dorian E. of the German dream-punk band Seasurfer recount the creation of their exciting new album."  Dorian E's a dead ringer for Siouxsie Sioux a lot of times - good stuff!!

                                                Message 21 of 26 , Sep 7, 2014
                                                  Heya everyone -

                                                  Just a quick note to let you know that I'm at Fluence.io as a 'curator'/music reviewer.

                                                  Fluence is a site where creators and reviewers and movers and shakers can meet up to connect and to post and receive feedback about whatever tunes are submitted for review.

                                                  Music creators can join the site for free and then specifically pick who they would like to review/critique their music (at a small fee; cost range depends on the reviewer) - if they want/need feedback on their tunes.

                                                  Here's the link to my profile.  If anyone here wants me to take a listen their songs and offer some hopefully helpful feedback, I'd love to hear from you!!

                                                  You can check out the feedback I left for The Persian Leaps, an American noise-pop band for a taster:

                                                  I will also promote your songs at various networks online as long as I like/love your work.

                                                  Hope to see/hear you there!  :)

                                                  Message 22 of 26 , Sep 21, 2014
                                                    Here are some additions to the list:

                                                    Green EP / Dangerous Muse (electro-dance-pop-rock from Mike Furey; always interesting)

                                                    Remission EP / New Politicians (like Interpol, but less deadpan and ironic and more straightforward)

                                                    "It's Nearly Tomorrow" / Craig Armstrong featuring Brett Anderson of Suede

                                                    The Luxembourg Signal album (ex members of Aberdeen and Trembling Blue Stars; October 21 release)

                                                    Purgatory/Paradise vinyl and cassette release / Throwing Muses

                                                    Spin-O-Rama / The Primitives (on Elefant Records; remember "Crash" from way back?)

                                                    Further/Deeper / The Church (October 17 release)

                                                    The Breaks / Martin Carr (ex The Boo Radleys)

                                                    "Do You Remember Me?"/ Morten Harket (new video)

                                                    "A Little Late" / Skating Polly (new video)

                                                    Jen

                                                    Message 23 of 26 , Sep 26, 2014
                                                      "Le Butcherettes, fronted by the raw and riveting Teri Gender Bender, releases its 2nd rock album."

                                                      Message 24 of 26 , Oct 8, 2014
                                                        ...and Martin Kennedy is up at Adequacy.net.  "Steve Kilbey (of The Church) and Martin Kennedy (of All India Radio) team up for another warm and enjoyable batch of commissioned songs."

                                                        Message 25 of 26 , Oct 16, 2014
                                                          "The Austin, Texas post-rock quartet drops details about new album LOOM."

                                                          http://www.adequacy.net/2014/10/interview-with-pompeii/

                                                          Message 26 of 26 , Dec 24, 2014
                                                            ...is up at RebelNoise.com:  "Nicole Barille and Sam Meister, the commanding duo behind mr. Gnome, go somewhere over the “melted rainbow” on their stellar 4th studio album."

                                                            http://rebelnoise.com/reviews/the-heart-of-a-dark-star