My Blog: Aural Ephemera # 23...maybe...
1. Morten Harket has a solo album coming out in 2014. Here's link to first song, "There Is A Place", at YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FnfFdLo5DT4
2. Scarling has released a single titled Who Wants to Die for Art? with that title song and "I Started A Joke"; both tunes here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BP47_ZvkeGo
3. Jucifer gets even heavier with a Russian-titled album translated into English as There Is No Land Beyond The Volga. "Queen Of Antlers" here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oV7zasUmkU
4. Clan Of Xymox has new album slated for 2014 release.
5. Hypo & EDH collaborate on 2nd album Xin. The dark, dissociative, dancey "Sunburn" (video too) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYTG0n533os
6. Indie island pop from Week Of Wonders on hhbtm records; "Piggybacks" (video too) here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jvbd0YpMY28
7. Lana Del Rey teases mini movie (maybe?) Tropico: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jg4-WxXvde4
8. Therapy? has unveiled its 'Gemil' Box Set of around CDs and DVDs with tons of rarities, demos, live stuff, more. Listen to unreleased track "Dark Naughty Steps" while perusing the contents of the Box Set: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q3923k5iRpI
8. I was totally wrong about the new info for what Mat Devine is doing these days. From what I've read recently, his new musical project is called Wrongchilde and the album Gold Blooded should be out soon...maybe... Here's the official YouTube link: http://www.youtube.com/user/WRONGCHILDE/videos
9. For the Lushaholics, I mean Lush fans, here's the link to a comparison video, which lines up Version 1 and Version 2 of "De-Luxe" next to each other for maximum visual interest/confusion: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=shnLFI8RgQE
10. Band Of Skulls are back with new album Himalayan out soon. Here's 1st single/video "Asleep At The Wheel": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sRm7OS258DU
And Just For A Laugh, or a Quizzical Eyebrow Arch, from new TV series Sleepy Hollow, some funny bits:
and that's all I'm adding because YouTube or my computer is acting up...
- "The band members converse about their captivating new EP, vivid lyrics, and guitar-based, post-punk sound."Jen
- More quick bits:1. Blood Red Shoes to release 4th album on March 31, 2014!! In high anticipation for this, here is a song, "The Perfect Mess", off the album: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wl-ubGt0eLI2. Toni Halliday (Curve, Scylla, Chatelaine...) it seems has been creating songs for commercial licensing! You can hear 3 tracks at: http://m.unippm.cn/Search/Results.aspx?keyword=toni+halliday&action=viewAlso, Toni contributed vocals to the track "Lost in the Noise" at: http://www.huwproducer.com/player.html (Click on Toni Halliday - Altitude link)3. Steve Kilbey & Martin Kennedy have a new collab album out that is chockablock w/ commissioned songs titled Songs From the Real Word and the result is sweet music to my ears. Info here: http://www.kilbey-kennedy.com/"For All We Lack" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-He9LvgCweA4. Martin Kennedy will also have a new album out in February; a remix (and reinterpretation) release of All India Radio's album Fall. Here's some info: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grQ6IBQWuDAand audio for the original version of "Fall": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07mgbbEQt0I5. Winkie is a Brooklyn-based band that transmits on a similar wavelength of Curve, Cranes, and noise/goth/synth/coldwave bands. The debut album One Day We Pretended to be Ghosts is out now. Full tracks at BandCamp: http://winkie.bandcamp.com/6. Charlotte Gainsbourg covers "Hey, Joe" for the Nymphomaniac soundtrack: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ddEkj-7qA87. The Ropes has released an EP of 3 songs, The Man Who Refused to be Born. Hear them here: http://music.theropesmusic.com/album/the-man-who-refused-to-be-born8. Tom Keifer of Cinderella released a long-in-the-making and anticipating debut solo album way back in April...and I just found out about it. Album title is The Way Life Goes. Link to "Solid Ground" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4HJozX2bL8g9. Cutie Tim Wheeler of Ash teemed up with Emmy the Great a while ago (in 2011?), and once again, I just found about all this, or at least tried to track it down now. So, just in time for Christmas, a "Zombie Christmas" (beware of bad language and lots of zombie violence in this mini-movie): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGukj0g5gqYand a more traditional Christmas song, "Home For the Holidays" video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URCNMEbgd_wand live (song 2-minutes in): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewwQxmqrHY010. "A Great Big Sled" by The Killers w/ Toni Halliday a bit in there on supporting vocals (starting at 3 minutes in?!); wish she was featured more!! From 2009 - Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w-nse84xIpEAnd Just For A bit of a Laugh:More random Sleepy Hollow (TV series) humor (better laughs if you're already watching the show):Jen
- Yes, the awesome , long-running, sonically wild. Japanese band, admired by many (including many influential musicians), copied by none as far as I know, because, well, how can it be done?"Yako and Agata of the highly admired Japanese band go into the process behind their wild(ly enjoyable) music."Jen