Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] Dagger Zine is online!

    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 26 5:09 PM
      I used to read this music (paper) fanzine in my youth...: http://www.daggerzine.com/reviews_main.html

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 9, 2013
        "Indie duo Zola and Chloe dish the dirt about their new EP, distorted vocals, interesting lyrics, and connection to Calvin Johnson."

        On another note, with this Yahoo! Groups upgrade have come a number of glitches, one being the inability to post new Topics (messages) or reply to messages at the Board - at least for me.

        The only way I'm able to post messages is to find an old email from before the changes and do a reply to that email; nothing directly at the Group...

        So if anyone wants to post a message and the links at the Group are dead, that's the way to do it!  Meaning, when you get this email in your Inbox, save it and use it to "reply" and send a message to the Group.

        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 9, 2013
          ...are up at Adequacy.net as a Short Takes feature:

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 10, 2013
            "Co-founder of the Canadian pop-rock band, Tyler Bancroft, gets to the point about the new album and his musical roots."

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 10, 2013
              1.  Steve Kilbey and Greg Dulli perform live w/ one song written together.  A write-up at Rolling Stone: http://m.rollingstone.com/music/news/afghan-whigs-church-frontmen-debut-new-project-20131010

              2.  Thanks so Jen of PVSG Lush Yahoo Group who let me know that Helen Marnie of Ladytron has a solo project called Marnie and the debut album, Crystal World, is out since June.

              3.  Fetch by Melt Banana is out now (or soon?); hyper-chirpy vocals and zigzag sonics to melt your brain abound.

              4.  Miki (of Lush) sings on Hard Skin's "You Still Here?" song.

              5.  The album Influenza by 1984 is AWESOME!!  French rock never sounded so good!  Check out "Maze": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_FxGMru4Ou4

              6.  "At the Bottom of the Ocean" by William Gruff is also awesome, especially if you have a thing for David Bowie.  Official Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfoncgIHBqk

              7.  I just found out about the Central Jersey band New Politicians.  Start w/ song "Day (1)" and dig that Interpol vibe: http://www.reverbnation.com/newpoliticiansmusic

              8.  Didn't know this, but Bad Religion is still going strong w/ latest album True North.

              9.  House Of Love (you know, with those bitter miserablists Guy Chadwick and Terry Bickers) also has new album out with a long title that I forget now...

              10.  Mazzy Star is back too!  An album called Seasons Of Your Day, I think...

              11.  I might have said this already, but it bears repeating.  Ryan Breegle of Loligags and Meringue & Malice fame is now frontman of Tipper Whore, and the band has a super-duper catchy single out called "Two Sticks"; Video here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kazVNCuTSSU

              And that's all she wrote -

              Jen

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 15, 2013
                ...and, yeah, it's a band, not a person.  LOL "Owen and Nicholls take time out from their busy schedules to chat about the band’s sound and all the extracurricular activities they’re juggling"

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 18, 2013
                  "Kim and John (of Soundpool) expand upon their new band’s expansive, ambient (with shoegazer touches - hold on to your shoes!) sound, musical influences, and live set-up."

                  Message 8 of 11 , Oct 21, 2013
                    "On its accomplished and enjoyable debut album, the Australian 5-piece combines kinetic rhythms with energetic choruses, infectious grooves, light synths, and dark guitars to winning effect."

                    http://voices.yahoo.com/album-review-black-sun-gold-fields-12363155.html