Links to a couple of tunes for the 4th of July at YouTube...

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 4 11:30 AM
      "Star-Spangled Banner" by Red House Painters:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6QPS1Bs1lIk

      and

      "National Anthem" by Lana Del Rey:

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxDdEPED0h8

      Jen
    • thrillracer1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 5 4:29 PM
        The Red House Painters sounding dead there. Lana Del Rey getting melodramatic with her Jackie O. impression. I like this patriotic one:

        Lyrics

        Lana Del Rey - Gramma Lyrics

        Artist: Lana Del Rey

        Album: Lana Del Ray A.K.A. Lizzy Grant

        Genre: Pop

        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me

        A.M.E.R.I.C.A.
        All I want to do is play
        See the city every day
        Pretty party nation

        Tell me that you think I'm good
        Happy that I make you glad
        'Cause I don't want to think I'm bad, Gramma
        I don't want to think I'm bad

        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me
        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Don't you know, you don't need a thing?
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me

        T.R.O.U.B.L.E.
        Trouble's what feels good to me
        Crazy as since I was three
        Now I'm out to get you

        But I'd have bet that lately, Ma
        And I'm in love with everyone
        And I don't want to think I'm wrong
        Just for feeling pretty

        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me
        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me

        I want to be the whole world's girl, gramma
        I want to be the whole world's girl
        I want to be the whole world's girl, gramma
        Tell me do you think that's wrong?

        Don't cry, honey, crazy girl
        Don't you know you are the world?
        Every time you feel unsure
        Try to remember what you are

        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me
        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Honey, don't you know you have everything?
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me

        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me
        Gramma said she'll leave the lights on for me
        Gramma said the flags are waving for me
        Gramma said that somewhere out there there's a good man, waiting for me

        Lana Del Rey - Gramma