My Blog: Aural Ephemera #15.

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 9, 2013
      1. Morrissey got right down to it last night on Letterman, dispensing with the formalities, singing forcefully "I can't waste time… / Everybody has a date…. / with an undertaker." That Morrissey does not mince words… Thanks for the head up, thrillracer!:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tQAKetuk_Yc

      2. Blood Red Shoes churns out another performance-oriented video and brings the fuzz for "Red River", 1 of 3 new tracks on the duo's Water EP, out January 21st:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zp4jU3WepFU

      3. Suede returns in fine form on "Barriers", with the band hitting all the right vocal and instrumental flourishes, as of old. The new album, Bloodsports, will be released in March:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Hhx0gIHiz8

      4. A black girl gets red hot for `nice' "White Boyz" on this video. Well, actually, the video is of a white guy trying to dance like Mick Jagger, and the song is supposed to be a reverse of the Rolling Stones' "Brown Sugar". Kendra of Cold Blood Club proclaims that white boys are her toys… The sharp, hard, dance-pop vibe is addictive. Gimme some of that!:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-aDnZ0ylhs

      5. Snowblind by Graph Rabbit is a delightful treasure that I found the other day while digging through the used CDs at a record store. If you like Jonsi, Beach House, and/or Thom Yorke, you'll probably swoon for this; precious male vocals and delicate guitar or bright bell notes sometimes align with a light electronic backdrop. Some of the best songs, like "Blackwood Tree", "White Birds", and "My Name", are not at YouTube or SoundCloud, so you'll have to make do with the lovely (song and video) "Falling Snow":
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U-xkevW9w14
      6. SPC ECO (AKA Dean Garcia and daughter Rose) is back with the softly pulsing "Push". Not sure if a new EP is out or coming up…?:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kW37AJNiLsY

      7. All Of Us, Together by Teen Daze is my new fave bliss-out album, and one of my picks for Top 3 Albums of 2012 at Adequacy.net. I just happened to stumble upon Jamison's songs on YouTube and heard "Treten" first and then I submerged myself in the euphoric goodness of the whole album. Here's the link to "Treten": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_PtjWdgOwMs
      And 2 other sublime summer-vibed stunners, "Shine On, You Crazy White Cap": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjhSOZVmJbE
      And "The Bluest Waters I've Seen": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUnQdC9JiP4

      8. Well, I went looking for The Soft Moon, which features members of Veil Veil Vanish (now re-comprised as a duo with a new album hopefully by the end of this year), and found Tropic Of Cancer instead. Doom never sounded so sweet… "Court of Devotion": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2IlvRlG18
      And "A Color": http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jeB3-x_zAyY

      9. Queens of the Stone Age presents Secrets of the Sound mockumentary about the creation process of the new album, coming out…sometime in 2013 one hopes…. If I actually had the time, I'd watch this, maybe (except there's too much talking)…:
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Shgpssp9ZpA

      10. thrillracer introduced me to Otep via the sent CD Sevas Tra (Art Saves backwards) from 2002. I had previously thought Otep was an indomitable black metal band (maybe I was thinking of Opeth), and it turns out it's a metal band led by the indomitable Otep Shamaya. Check out the killer rap-metal hybrid "Battle Ready", complete with footage from the film 300: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OA2IlvRlG18
      Just For A Laugh, scenes from 21 Jump Street – the 2012 movie, that is, with Channing Tatum and Jonah Hill, who play undercover cops infiltrating a high school (caution: profanity and absurdity abound):

      Trying to figure out Miranda Rights: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T45aF1NLMyM

      Trying to figure out the current high school cliques (40 seconds to 55 seconds is hilarious): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QSa368X1Z2w

      Finding out the Phases of new Drug: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ILaU4zsfgtc

      Tripping on Drugs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ix7wWPVReUs