Re: My Top 3 Albums of 2012 are up at Adequacy.net.

  • thrillracer1
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
      Well, oddly, the one 2012 album I won is one that was heavily marketed everywhere from TV talk shows to pizza boxes and that is _Red_ by Taylor Swift. It's actually alright. I like that she writes break-up songs, but I don't like that she is a ruthless wealth-hogger (the rest of us working-class people need to live too.)

      Cheers to Jen for passing on to me lots of music CDs to go through. I don't know if any were from 2012 though.

      I also received Garrett Sawyer's _Chronicles and Vanity_. While published in 2012, the press release said the official release date is early 2013. So I don't know if it's a 2012 or 2013 album. I put a review here on my old web page, which I hardly ever update:

      http://home.simplyweb.net/thrill/zines.html

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 14, 2013
        Hi thrillracer - Nice Garrett Sawyer review. It is such a shame that there's so much good music out there that will never get listened to on a large scale... I guess we're doing what we can to change that with our reviews. :)

        Speaking of Red...by Taylor Swift, how about listening to the Red EP by Dangerous Muse instead? ;) The EP is available as a free download from the official Dangerous Muse site. You just have to submit your email addy to receive a link to the download. It's an awesome electro-dance-pop EP, in my opinion...

        Here's the link to the official Dangerous Muse site: http://www.dangerousmuse.com/

        (Or you can listen to each track on YouTube at the official Dangerous Muse profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/DangerousMuse

        Jen