My Top 3 Albums of 2012 are up at Adequacy.net.

    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 29, 2012
      My picks were albums by TKTTSM, Teen Daze, and UNISON:

      http://www.adequacy.net/2012/12/best-of-2012/

      Rounding out My Top 10 Albums of 2012 are:

      4. Red EP / Dangerous Muse
      5. O'Doubt O'Stars / Ruby Throat
      6. Born To Die / Lana Del Rey
      7. Not Your Kind of People / Garbage
      8. Save Yourself EP / Machine Birds
      9. Out of My Hands/ Morten Harket
      10. No One Can Ever Know / The Twilight Sad

      Feel free to list your top albums...

      Jen
      PS I'm waiting, anticipating... Suede, the next 2 Dangerous Muse EPs, Queens Of The Stone Age, Little Boots, Steve Kilbey and Martin Kennedy, Rykarda Parasol, Veil Veil Vanish, The Black Ryder, Hannah Fury...
    • thrillracer1
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 8, 2013
        Well, oddly, the one 2012 album I won is one that was heavily marketed everywhere from TV talk shows to pizza boxes and that is _Red_ by Taylor Swift. It's actually alright. I like that she writes break-up songs, but I don't like that she is a ruthless wealth-hogger (the rest of us working-class people need to live too.)

        Cheers to Jen for passing on to me lots of music CDs to go through. I don't know if any were from 2012 though.

        I also received Garrett Sawyer's _Chronicles and Vanity_. While published in 2012, the press release said the official release date is early 2013. So I don't know if it's a 2012 or 2013 album. I put a review here on my old web page, which I hardly ever update:

        http://home.simplyweb.net/thrill/zines.html

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 14, 2013
          Hi thrillracer - Nice Garrett Sawyer review. It is such a shame that there's so much good music out there that will never get listened to on a large scale... I guess we're doing what we can to change that with our reviews. :)

          Speaking of Red...by Taylor Swift, how about listening to the Red EP by Dangerous Muse instead? ;) The EP is available as a free download from the official Dangerous Muse site. You just have to submit your email addy to receive a link to the download. It's an awesome electro-dance-pop EP, in my opinion...

          Here's the link to the official Dangerous Muse site: http://www.dangerousmuse.com/

          (Or you can listen to each track on YouTube at the official Dangerous Muse profile: http://www.youtube.com/user/DangerousMuse

          Jen