Re: [Stratosphere_Fan zine] The Story of Ju stin Bieber’s Mom - and teen idols.

  • jdloc4@aol.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 5, 2012
      Well, that's just horrible what Justin Bieber's mom had to suffer through in her life!  Nice, clear-eyed recounting from you of the events covered in the book.

      Moving on to happier, sillier thoughts, I was trying to think of teen idol singers through the decades (Well, you know, starting from the 70s) that I followed, and I can't think of that many.  Shaun Cassidy I've already mentioned in another post... and the only other singer that I totally adored for a time in an absurd way would have to be 'our' Morrissey when he was a solo artist, LOL - and he's not exactly "teen idol" material, at least not for the masses...

      I never got on the Rick Springfield, Scott Baio (Wait, did he sing?  I just saw him briefly on an old episode of Full House, strumming a guitar), or Leif Garrett, or David Cassidy bandwagon.  Or Donny Osmond.  And I didn't even know about Davy Jones until I saw a rerun of that Brady Bunch episode he guest starred in.

      Who am I missing from this illustrious list?

      Jen

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 6, 2012
        Mine was Morrissey too! Also, as a solo-artist (technically, just with a diffent musician line-up.) I'm still a Moz fan today, but I'm not gonna go all ga-ga at a concert. Moz himself was an Elvis fan.

        Not long ago on an oldies station I heard a lady call in saying how desperately she wanted to win Monkees tickets. So, I guess Davy Jones fans are still going strong. The Osmands were wildly popular on Dancing with the Stars, even though they were so cheesy, so I guess their long ago teen fans are still going strong too. I don't know if Scott Baio sang, but they all do, so he must have.

        Hmmmm, who else?

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 11, 2012
          Oh, yes, I forgot about Elvis! And just in time for Christmas, here's Elvis singing "Blue Christmas" in 1968, amid a gaggle of overzealous girls that detract from the performance:

          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fPFZIYywABc

          Jen