Lenny B (musician/songwriter) Re: My Blog: Aural Ephemera #14.

  • thrillracer1
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 13, 2012
      I wonder why a band called Slug Guts would turn down free marketing. I wonder if underground bands understand much about the corruption in the music industry.

      Anyway, thought I would share that I discovered an underground artist named Lenny B and he gives away free music downloads on his web page at: http://www.lennyb.com/

      This guy already has a great day job as a DJ, so I doubt he cares much about marketing his music. But sometimes it's fun to d/l free music to see if you like any of the songs.

      later,
      thrillracer

      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 14, 2012
        Hi thrillracer - Thanks for the Lenny B link. Always fun to check out new music. :)

        Yeah, well the guys in Slug Guts aren't known for giving long, in-depth interviews... Speaking of which, I just got an interview back from another artist and it's mainly a bunch of one-liners, and not the funny kind...

        Like you said, why would peeps turn down, or not be into, free marketing? I don't understand it.

        Speaking of words, I have to correct a grammatical error from my Aural Ephemera post, because I'm just like that. I wrote "...whet your whistle..." and what I meant to write was "...whet your appetite..."

        Oh, plus I didn't mean to call my post #18 in the 1st sentence of the message. It is #14...

        Going on about more music stuff, I wanted to mention that Steve Kilbey and Martin Kennedy will be releasing their 3rd album in the near future and it's titled You Are Everything.

        Here is the official news about it and how you can help in its production:

        Hey everyone,

        We are deep into production of our third album You Are Everything and to help us complete it we are running a campaign through Pledgemusic: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/kilbeykennedy

        If you pre-order the new album, you will automatically receive a digital copy of the new album as soon as it is completed early next year and you will have the opportunity to pledge for exclusive items and experiences including:

        A chance to contribute to the album artwork
        Steve's original handwritten lyrics
        Exclusive double CD edition for pledgers only
        A personalised cartoon from Martin
        You will also receive progress reports, video updates, behind the scenes material and works in progress.

        By pledging you are directly helping us to complete recording, mixing, mastering and manufacturing.

        Thank you for your support!

        - Martin & Steve xx

        PLEDGE TO OUR NEW ALBUM: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/kilbeykennedy

        Official Site: http://www.pledgemusic.com/projects/kilbeykennedy