Re: Non-music-related post: iCarly Is So Not For Kids!

  • L.T.
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 24, 2011
      Jen -

      I'll admit to seeing more than my fair share of iCarly thanks to my now-7-year-old nephew. If we have to watch TV, iCarly can be one of the more entertaining things on the tube that he'll watch. It certainly beats the days when he was 2 or 3 and had a thankfully-short infatuation with the Teletubbies and The Wiggles. Sam, Carly, and Freddie's hijinks can be entertaining, and their characters are more positive than Selena Gomez's on Wizards of Waverly Place (she's just so snarky). I don't recall seeing the episode that you used for your stills, but I do see some content on the show that can seem out-of-place given the age of their fans. One example that comes readily to mind is when the trio have a short segment on their web show that is like "Random Dancing" but it involves a dancing bra held up by wire/string. I was like, "Huh. That's different."

      Can't follow you on Big Time Rush. The guys may be cute, but I can't stand the constant sound effects, or how their manager IS ALWAYS YELLING.
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 24, 2011
        For your entertainment - I just added 18 pix 'n' snark for the iCarly episode iWanna Stay with Spencer to the iCarly Is So Not For Kids! album in the Photos section.

        Yeah, I know what you mean about having the little ones running around and watching the show - and it is entertaining in a wacky, random way. I think Carly may be the only level-headed, responsible character on the show! LOL Oh, and maybe Freddie...

        The Dancing/Talking Bra is one of those 'What??' moments that seemed to be unfunny and too obviously wacky, but I've kinda gotten used to it...

        Big Time Rush is frantic and chopped up with sound effects and quick edits, but again, I've gotten used to it, and the guys are easy on the eyes... I don't even mind Gustavo's exasperated yelling where He Keeps KICKing IT UP A NOTCH (darn, I wish I could do 'bold' here), because, well, those dawgs can really exasperate their trainer. LOL

        Jen