Apologies for sending you a message about Grouply...

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010
      Hey everyone -

      Just wanted to say sorry for that email you got yesterday, probably, asking you to join a site called Grouply.

      Someone at one of my Yahoo Groups mentioned that Grouply packages the Yahoo Group into a more visually-appealing site, so I tried to find out more about Grouply and signed up for it - and have now stopped it - because I just don't see the benefits...

      Sure, the Grouply site looked nicer, with a familiar visual interface like Facebook or MySpace, but only the Messages carried over to that site and not the Photos or Files, so I just don't see the point.

      Anyway, this Yahoo Group is still here and is not affected at all by my experimentation. LOL

      Take care,

      Jen
    • kevinhewick@talk21.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 21, 2010

        I've never been a great computer boffin lol, I was told to try Grouply a while back, I didn't see any clear point to it and thought maybe I was missing something but your message here just confirms my own impression of it! K :)

        www.kevinhewick.co.uk

        www.twitter.com/KevinHewick

        www.myspace.com/kevinhewickuk

        www.myspace.com/hewickhaynesjames

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
          Yeah, and they trick you into using Grouply by saying you can promote your Yahoo Groups and get more traffic, and also that all the content of the Yahoo Groups transfers to Grouply, BUT that's only if you use the pay service, which they don't tell you until you've registered.  :(

          Jen

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 22, 2010
            A crafty way to make you pay! K :-O