Capital

  • Andrew Freeman
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 5 9:46 AM
      Hello,

      Anybody like this band?

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5dHT3UmBxw

      really getting into them.

      Andrew
      http://www.chambernineproductions.com
      http://www.shatteredmind.com
      http://www.chambernine.net
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 11 12:14 PM
        Thanks for mentioning these bands. I always confuse Hearts of Black Science with Black Heart Procession and We Are Scientists. LOL

        I like the tunes well enough, but somehow I feel the sound should be more bleak and the singer more despondent to match the band name. There are a ton of artists coming out of Gothenburg, Sweden!

        I like the heightened guitars of Exit Calm, but I'm not sold on the vocalist based on a quick listen. I can see the Verve reference though.

        Jen

        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 11 12:20 PM
          Not bad. Just listened to/saw the video. I like the instrumentation of "Bright Lights" and the male vocalist's pronounced British accent on verses; not sure about his vocal delivery on the chorus, though, when he starts pushing out his emotions. Not sure if his vocal abilities are up to the task of the melody line...IMO.