Hearts of Black Science / Exit Calm

  • Andrew Freeman
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4 7:51 AM
      Anybody else like this band? I bought their album on Itunes. It is really a good find. A bit on the depressing side though.

      I also bought some tracks by a band called Exit Calm. A definite Verve quality to them. I like the tracks "We're on our own" / "Atone" They are on itunes. Not sure if I am into their other tracks though.

      Andrew
      ------------
      http://www.chambernineproductions.com
      http://www.shatteredmind.com
    • Andrew Freeman
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 5 9:46 AM
        Hello,

        Anybody like this band?

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5dHT3UmBxw

        really getting into them.

        http://www.chambernine.net
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 11 12:14 PM
          Thanks for mentioning these bands. I always confuse Hearts of Black Science with Black Heart Procession and We Are Scientists. LOL

          I like the tunes well enough, but somehow I feel the sound should be more bleak and the singer more despondent to match the band name. There are a ton of artists coming out of Gothenburg, Sweden!

          I like the heightened guitars of Exit Calm, but I'm not sold on the vocalist based on a quick listen. I can see the Verve reference though.

          Jen

          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 11 12:20 PM
            Not bad. Just listened to/saw the video. I like the instrumentation of "Bright Lights" and the male vocalist's pronounced British accent on verses; not sure about his vocal delivery on the chorus, though, when he starts pushing out his emotions. Not sure if his vocal abilities are up to the task of the melody line...IMO.