Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] Re: Chapterhouse tour dates

  • phillip geertsma
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 29, 2010
      Thanks, Jen.  I'll submit my report on the show to the group.  I have to say that of all
      the shoegazer bands I never got to see live, this is the band I least expected to re-form
      for a tour.  I wonder if Andy Bell, Mark Gardener, et al.can be persuaded to bring Ride back to life...?

      Phil

      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
        Hey Phil - Oh, yes, I'd love to know what the show is like!  I love your line "of all the shoegazer bands I *never* got to see live" - LOL  So true!  I've only seen Lush and Curve as far as "shoegazer" bands go (at least what the U.K. press labeled as such).

        Jen

        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 30, 2010
          Hello Jen.  Yes, unfortunately, the list is long.  I've seen Lush (thrice), Curve, Swervedriver
          and Catherine Wheel, all in San Francisco.  Also, Mojave 3, although they aren't really classic shoegazer, IMHO.  Somehow, bands like Ned's Atomic Dustbin, Ride, Echobelly,
          MBV, Slowdive, etc. have eluded me.

          If anyone is interested, I also have photos of non-shoegazer shirts from bands like
          Buckethead, Dinosaur, Jr., KMFDM (lots), Ozric Tentacles, Shonen Knife, Soundgarden
          and Yo La Tengo that I can post.  Oh, and some really, really rare Blue Öyster Cult shirts.

          Phil