My Short Takes feature up at DOA: Little Boots, Ruby Throat, and Inkraktare...

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 26 5:32 AM
      ...album reviews.

      "Step aside Lady Gaga, Kylie, and Annie while Little Boots (aka Victoria Hesketh, former lead singer in the band Dead Disco) delivers a big dance-pop kick on the album Hands..."

      and

      "The delicate alt-folk blues ruminations of British duo Ruby Throat's sophomore album materialize as subtle apparitions imbued with a quiet devastation. These introspective laments feature an emotionally-insular KatieJane Garside on vocals and Chris Whittingham on gently-picked acoustic and slide guitars."

      and

      "Inkraktare is a collaboration between Dean Garcia (Curve, SPC ECO, KGC) and Mark Wallbridge (Vasko The Pig, Viejos Hombre de Abejon) and this 5-song EP fluctuates between a massive attack and a mellow flow of electronics, beats, bass lines, and vocal samples."

      Much more at:

      http://www.adequacy.net/2010/02/short-takes-4/

      ...because I just can't seem to write a really short review!! LOL