My Blog: Aural Ephemera #2.

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 22, 2010
      1. Charlotte Gainsbourg is going to be on Letterman tonight (Jan 22) at 11:35pm EST in USA! Check your local listings for any differences. I'm lovin' her new album IRM. It's so different from 5:55, which I equally love... MySpace profile: http://www.myspace.com/charlottegainsbourg

      2. The 2nd album from Blood Red Shoes is titled Fire Like This and will be released (in U.K. and ??) on March 1st. I'm over the moon about Steven and Laura-Mary's 1st album, Box of Secrets. MySpace profile: http://www.myspace.com/bloodredshoes

      3. Did you know that Patrick Duff, lead singer of Strangelove is still going as a solo artist? His album The Mad Straight Road is out now or soon. MySpace profile: http://www.myspace.com/patrickduff

      4. Ruby Throat's 2nd album is out in the U.S. now and it's titled Out of a Black Cloud came a Bird...; check out the details at the MySpace profile: http://www.myspace.com/katiejanegarsiderubythroat

      5. Cyndi Lauper and Brett Michaels of Poison are both going to be on the latest Celebrity Apprentice in March!

      6. Lurve the video Uprising by Muse. Dig that teddy bear rising up from the earth that will give you nightmares (at 3mins 3secs to 3mins 8secs): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w8KQmps-Sog

      7. Hope For Haiti telethon tonight during prime time TV. I heard that U2 created a new song for the telethon, but I don't know any details...

      8. I don't particularly like the movie Superbad, but there's a funny scene where Michael Cera inadvertently ends up in a room with a bunch of dudes, and some coke, as in cocaine, who think he's someone else who can sing, so he plays along and warbles: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5zDOjgTY_A&feature=related

      9. Speaking of coke, well, Coke, I like the use of the song "I Like the Way You Move" by Bodyrockers in this Coke commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efZJSrqF6rY and here's the actual complete band video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2c8imenLWsg

      10. There's some very poignant, serious string work (orchestral?) in the film A Single Man, which was nominated for score and lead actor (Colin Firth is quietly amazing) and actress, etc... for Golden Globe Awards and other awards. I wonder if there's a soundtrack for the film...

      Jen
    • thrillracer1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 26, 2010
        I'm listening to a Patrick Duff song now. Yes, the talent is still there. I was into Strangelove in their hey-day.

        Cyndi Lauper is always fun to see on TV. I've seen her on Bones and Gossip Girl. Oh, she sang "Good Enough" which was used in the _Goonies_.