Breaking News: Michael Jackson, the King of Pop, Is Dead.

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 25, 2009
      Here are some links to the news articles about his passing and his legacy:

      http://news.yahoo.com/s/time/08599190726900

      and

      http://www.popeater.com/music/article/michael-jackson-dead-at-50/544453?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fwww.popeater.com%2Fmusic%2Farticle%2Fmichael-jackson-dead-at-50%2F544453

      and

      http://omg.yahoo.com/news/michael-jackson-king-of-pop-dead-at-50/24346?nc

      Jen
    • rswappleton@juno.com
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 25, 2009
        Though I was no fan, I did recognise and respect his talent and skill as a pop entertainer. Sadly, that Michael Jackson vanished in the wake of "Thriller".

        Comparisons with Elvis Presley are inevitable: both talented and likable young entertainers who succumbed beneath the weight of incredible fame and fortune, became living freak shows, and died tragically before their time.

        I'm sorry about Michael, but I was sorry about him long before he died.

        Criminal Lawyers - Click here.
        http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOVoJCQ8MNzfsRu4DpjWrKneYFol276QR2EPCaSJkpakTfPl4IrB2/
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2009
          Although I wasn't a fan either, I did appreciate Michael's knack for the pop hook and I do love the songs Beat It and Billie Jean...

          Thanks for your thoughts RSW. :)

          Jen

          --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "rswappleton@..." <rswappleton@...> wrote:

          > Though I was no fan, I did recognise and respect his talent and skill as a pop entertainer. Sadly, that Michael Jackson vanished in the wake of "Thriller".
          >
          > Comparisons with Elvis Presley are inevitable: both talented and likable young entertainers who succumbed beneath the weight of incredible fame and fortune, became living freak shows, and died tragically before their time.
          >
          > I'm sorry about Michael, but I was sorry about him long before he died.

          > Criminal Lawyers - Click here.
          > http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTOVoJCQ8MNzfsRu4DpjWrKneYFol276QR2EPCaSJkpakTfPl4IrB2/

        • thrillracer1
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 28, 2009
            I think the episode of South Park w/ Michael Jackson as "Mr. Jefferson" said it all. Next time you see it on TV you'll know what I mean.