Second issue of TWISTED THORNS now available!

  • mosriteluv
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1, 2009
      Maybe Jen already mentioned this here, but I wanted all Kristy Thirsk fans to know that the second issue of my Kristy Thirsk/Rose Chronicles fanzine is now available to buy. It features tons of cool photos, 2 never before released pics from RC's SHIVER photoshoot by Hill Peppard, sure to please any Kristy Thirsk fan. It also features original interviews with RC bassist Judd Cochrane, Kristy Thirsk (Five questions with), Shelley Harland, Disseverence & Matt Darey. It's main theme is "back in the day" of RC. That feature includes many rare interviews with RC from back in 1993 -1994.

      The zine including postage cost $8.00 US for US residents & $5.00 US for Canadians. You can pay via PayPal. My PayPal is:

      tara_lobster@...

      If that isn't showing up then it's:

      tara_lobster (at) lycos dot com

      If you don't have PayPal just send me a message & we can arrange another way of payment via money order etc.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 5, 2009
        Hey Tara - Thank you so much for sending me your amazing Rose Chronicles/Kristy Thirsk/so much more zine the other day! I really appreciate it and can't believe all the hard work you put into it to make it so special.

        Your zine is pretty much the music fanzine I always wished I could make and put out there for music fans. I love how you have a color cover and photoshoot centerfold photos that are of the highest quality for a paper fanzine - clear, crisp pix.

        In particular, for your zine, I love the feature on Rich Maranda's changing hairstyles/colors over the years - in color, no less, and that inner back page, once again in color, of various stills of Kristy singing.

        That's so cool that you got an interview with Kristy herself, as well as bassist Judd Cochrane, Hill Peppard who took such amazing photoshoots of the band, Matt Darey who did that super-angelic remix of "Heaven's Earth" by Delerium with Kristy on main vocals, and singer Shelley Harland among other musician interviews.

        I like how you focus on Rose Chronicles/Kristy, but still have other content. I'd like to do a Lush zine like that, but just don't have the time, energy, and enough rare/cool stuff to do that. LOL

        Okay, take care Tara - thanks once again for your zine. I'm lovin' it! :D

        Jen

        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 9, 2009
          Thanks for your awesome feedback Jen:) I'm so immensely flattered. I think I'm blushing. I appreciate your positive feedback. I love hearing feedback. When you put a lot of work into something it's always nice to hear something back. Glad you liked the photos. I really love the centerfold. It's a sweet pic. I enjoyed putting together the page with Rich's hair styles & colors & the pics of Kristy.

          I am currently working on the 3rd issue which will include another original interview with Kristy, a review of her UNDERCOVER EP, original interviews with Oliver Pigott (of the Pigott Bros.), Kevin Kane of Grapes of Wrath, Keith from Rumskib & another interview with Chemda. It will also include another never before seen pic by Hill Peppard with Kristy in the fore front & some cool sections too!

          I'll keep you updated on the progress of that:) This group's looking amazing as always:)

          -Tara