My Interview with Mark Kozelek is up at Delusions Of Adequacy!

    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 27, 2009
      Wow, I'm still in a state of pleasant shock that it all worked out and Mark (Red House Painters, Sun Kil Moon) was amenable to an Interview. :)

      I tried not to ask too many of the usual, obvious questions; maybe that helped a bit.

      Here's the link to Interview:
      http://www.adequacy.net/2009/04/interview-with-mark-kozelek/

      There is one really hilarious Q&A in there, which maybe I should be sheepishly ashamed of, but whenever I read it, I start laughing like an idiot. I'll paste it here so you too can have a good laugh (or snicker):

      "DOA: What was the impetus for your triumphantly downbeat cover of "The Star-Spangled Banner"? Who sang on backing female vocals? You really made it your own. I wish they'd sing your version in baseball stadiums!

      Mark: That was me singing the female backing vocals."

      Oh, dear...I swear, the backing vocals sound very feminine, very high and wistful and bittersweet, and I thought it was a guest female vocalist on the song! LOL

      Also, my pal Andy N helped me out with the Interview a bit, contributing the last 2 questions to the Interview about the Ghosts of the Great Highway coverart and what other job would Mark want to do. Big thanks to Andy N for those questions! :D