Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] New Post Rock & Indie Ambient from Silber Records

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2008
      Delusions Of Adequacy has posted my review of Northern Valentine's album http://www.adequacy.net/review.php?reviewID=9110 and also (finally) my interview with NY noiseniks Autodrone, http://www.adequacy.net/interview.php?InterviewID=123
      whom I'm certain had a great halloween -
      I am pleased to get the Northern Valentine review there at last after around four months of negotiations of varying kinds with Brian John Mitchell -

      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 24, 2009
        Hey Starz,

        A lot of new releases out in the past month at Silber. More info & ordering at www.silbermedia.com

        Aarktica - In Sea
        12 tracks, 56 minutes
        Aarktica returns to Silber for the ten year in the making sequel to No Solace in Sleep! Check out what will soon be Silber's best selling release ever!
        Recommended if you like: Labradford, Windy & Carl, Ennio Morricone, Eluvium, Mogwai, Seefeel, Earth, Godspeed You Black Emperor, Spacemen 3
        Listen to the track "In Sea" - http://www.silbermedia.com/mp3s/Aarktica_In-Sea.mp3

        Vlor - six-winged
        16 tracks, 50 minutes
        The Silber super group returns this time featuring Brian John Mitchell (Remora/Small Life Form), Jon DeRosa (Aarktica), Brian McKenzie (Electric Bird Noise), Martin Newman (Plumerai/Goddakk), Michael Wood (Something About Vampires And Sluts), Jessica Bailiff, Annelies Monsere, Jim DeJong (Infant Cycle), Michael Walton (mwvm), Paolo Messere (6 P.M.), & more. Sounds go from indie pop to punk rock to drone ambient.
        Listen to the track "i have left home (reprise)" - http://www.silbermedia.com/mp3s/vlor-i-have-left-home-reprise.mp3

        Moodring - scared of ferret
        11 tracks, 38 minutes
        Moodring is centered around Rollerball's Monte Allen & Mae Starr. While it's easy to hear that Moodring is awesome, other words to describe them are a bit harder to come by. The presence of piano & clarinet give a free post-jazz flavor. Mae Starr's ghostly vocals sound like the lounge music on a sinking ship. The deep groove jams sink in to form some kind of modern American gamelan sound. The music is so raw & infectious & immediate that it feels more proto-everything than post-anything. So just soak it in & sink into the doom.
        Listen to the track "Into the Doom" - http://www.silbermedia.com/mp3s/moodring_into-the-doom.mp3

        Remora - derivative
        8 tracks, 42 minutes
        Remora does derivative works on some personal favorites including hits by Hefner, Warrior Soul, Journey, Pere Ubu, Bob Dylan, Joe Jackson, & Joy Division. Doomy drone with pop hooks.
        Listen to the track "Every Prince" - http://www.silbermedia.com/mp3s/remora-every-prince.mp3

        Lost Kisses DVD - My Life is Sad & Funny
        10 cartoons (plus three bonus bits), about an hour
        "This is true & funny material in a day & age when the two worst adjectives your work can have are "true" & "funny.""
        ~ Dave Sim, Cerebus/Glamourpuss
        Well, it's finally here, a collection of cartoon versions of the first ten issues of Lost Kisses. It even includes a special making of thing & cartoons of Worms #1 & XO #1. The DVD includes a psychonautic electro-acoustic drone soundtrack of new music by Small Life Form. Lost Kisses tells snarky stories of life's perils with self -deprecating humor. So check it out & spread the word.