New Album from Brett and Bernard as The Tears.

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 29, 2004
      From Pitchforkmedia.com:

      Suede's Anderson, Butler Prep Debut as The Tears

      James Gregory reports:

      As previously reported back in May, former Suede (or London Suede,
      for U.S. fans-- or people who just like to say "London") vocalist
      Brett Anderson and guitarist Bernard Butler have spent a good portion
      of 2004 collaborating on songs for a new project. The actual work the
      duo were producing had first taken shape as an Anderson solo album
      before being hailed as a full on joint effort. Fans have sort of been
      left wondering what the actual union would be officially called--
      until now, that is-- as NME has reported that the pair have named
      their new band... The Tears! Ahem.

      On the upside, The Tears' debut album has been written, recorded, and
      mixed, and is expected to hit stores in the first quarter of 2005.
      While no firm release date or tracklist details have been revealed,
      the first single is planned for release early next year.

      Speaking of his reunion with Butler, Anderson told NME, "There's a
      lot of people out there who are worried about us getting back
      together and tarnishing what we've done before. The first thing we
      said when we got together was that we won't release a note of music
      unless the album's spectacular. That's the most important thing about
      it. We could have written for three years and if the songs hadn't
      been any good we wouldn't have bothered getting to this stage with
      it."

      Fans can judge rate the overall spectacularness of the band's
      material at two live dates scheduled for late this year. Anderson
      continued optimistically about the upcoming shows. "There's that
      whole issue of, 'When they get back together are they going to live
      up to what they've done in the past?' We don't want that to be an
      issue so it has to be spectacular." Spectacular

      http://pitchforkmedia.com/news/04-11/24.shtml