Re: My Top 10 Sleep or Dream-related Songs.

  • Neil I.
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 10, 2008
      Hi folks

      I have a few additions for both lists...

      1. "Sleep, Forever" - Madder Rose
      One of my favorite bands of the '90s. A great start to 1994's
      excellent "Panic On" album.

      2. "Book Of Dreams" - Suzanne Vega
      Yeah, she's a little folky and poppy, but there's way more to Suzanne
      beyond "Luka". Not a great single, but a nice tune nonetheless with
      neat video to accompany it.

      3. "Sleeping And Waking" - 'til tuesday
      It wasn't a single, but still a decent, catchy tune from 1986's
      "Welcome Home" album. And it belongs on BOTH of Jen's lists :)

      4. "Dreamtime" - Daryl Hall
      Hall & Oates' better half came out with a solo album in the '80s and
      this was the first (& only?) single. "You're living in dreamtime, you
      wanna run away..."

      Sleep and dream well,

      Neil
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 13, 2008
        Thanks for your list Neil. :)

        You know what? I haven't heard that much Madder Rose (shame on me),
        despite the acclaim. I have heard on EP of theirs that was very
        good, but somehow I just never got into them at the time. Oh, I have
        heard Mary Lorson's solo album titled Realistic (she is the lead
        singer, right? LOL It's Mary Lorson and Saint Low - I'm assuming
        the Saint Low is the band on the album) - and her lyrics about the
        breakdown of a relationship are amazing - so spare, but so true.

        Sweet dreams...oh, hey, wait - that's another one - Sweet Dreams by
        Patsy Cline! LOL It just popped into my brain...

        Jen

        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Neil I." <kneel@...>

        Message 3 of 13 , Jan 13, 2008
          Since you dared to mention The Patridge Family, maybe I can bring up
          Day"dream" Believer by The Monkees! LOL

          I also thought of an obvious choice - These Dreams by Heart, and I do
          like Heart, but this song, not so much. It's one of those sappy,
          wispy ballads, like Take My Breath Away by Berlin, that were played
          way too much in the 80s, IMO.

          Jen

          --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, rswappleton@... wrote:

          > Dare I mention it?.....
          >
          > "I Woke Up In Love This Morning" by that brilliant 70's band The
          > Partridge Family (or whoever actually wrote and recorded the thing).
          >
          > Semi-joking aside, I really do love this one:
          > "All I Have To Do Is Dream" - The Everly Brothers
          >
          > On the obscure side:
          > The entire album titled "A Perfect Knowledge Of Dreams" - Marine
          Time

          Message 4 of 13 , Jan 13, 2008

            Jon Gordon <chateau_distorted@...> wrote:
            It's taken a week to find but here, in mp3 form, is a great song concerning both sleep and its consequences .....
            http://www.fileden.com/files/2007/9/4/1408422/I%20Dream%20To%20Sleep.mp3

            Message 5 of 13 , Jan 13, 2008
              In fact, it took so long to find I plain forgot to mention that the song is titled 'I Dream To Sleep', and was the work of H2O, some 24 years ago -