Check out my Radio Station at Launchcast.com!

    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 3, 2004
      Hey everyone -
      Well, I've finally taken advantage of Yahoo's Launchcast Radio and
      created my own Radio Station. For those of you familiar with
      Launchcast.com, just type 'sidewaysgaze' in the Member's Station
      search box to access my station.
      If you don't know about Launchcast.com yet, here's the scoop. Yahoo
      offers various free Yahoo member services, like Yahoo Groups and
      Launchcast.
      Launchcast has a radio station part where you can listen to music
      online via stations based on genre and/or member-created stations.
      If you like most of the bands/singers that I highlight on this Group,
      or just want to hear something different, then head over to
      Launchcast.com (or www.launch.yahoo.com). On this main page, at the
      top, directly under and to the left of the 'search launch' box, click
      on LAUNCHcast RADIO to bring up menu, and click on 'radio station
      guide'.
      To access my radio station, scroll all the way down to near bottom of
      page until you see Member Search with search box. Type
      in 'sidewaysgaze' in search box and click Search. This should bring
      you to my radio station's webpage. Above the description of the
      station it says 'Listen to my radio station:' - just click the bar
      labeled 'sidewaysgaze' and you should be able to hear some tunes.
      Just in case you don't know, when you create your radio station, you
      don't have total control of everything that is broadcast. You make
      selections and choose and rate music and bands/singers, and exert
      some influence in this way, but not all the songs that air will be
      what you've chosen.
      I think this is a great free service that Yahoo is providing; if you
      don't have your own radio station already, consider starting one;
      it's fun, it's a way to delve into the types of music you like, and
      it's just great to have something out there that other people can
      listen to also (it's also nice to listen to your own station and hear
      tunes you want to hear instead of the craziness that passes for music
      on most radio stations).
      If you check out my station, I hope you enjoy it! :)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 18, 2004
        Hey everyone - I've found an easier way to get to my Radio Station
        at Launchcast (as well as a few others) - by direct links. Here you
        go:

        For my Radio Station - Member: sidewaysgaze:
        http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1385100415

        For Joe's Radio Station - Member: Joemackfr
        http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1217949496

        For someone I'm influencing - Member: porcupiny:
        http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=5730920

        For someone I'm influenced by - Member: krusadrx
        http://launch.yahoo.com/launchcast/station.asp?u=1142732457

        Enjoy! :)
        Jen

        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "Jen" <jdloc4@a...>