Beatrix a great song by Cocteau Twins!!!

  • mosriteluv
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 13, 2007
      I just wanted to say how much I love the song called "Beatrix" by The
      Cocteau Twins. What a great song. Anybody else a fan of it?
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 14, 2007
        Ah, you know I just have to answer this one, since the Treasure album
        by Cocteau Twins is one of my most fave albums!! :D

        Basically, I love all the songs on Treasure, so it's a given that I'm a
        fan of "Beatrix". What I like about this song is that it's kinda
        medieval in tone, very reined in at first, with repeating melody, then
        at the end it gets more vocally expressive.

        My two most fave songs off that album are "Amelia" and "Pandora",
        mainly because Liz Fraser is singing in her higher-tone voice most of
        the time. "Amelia" has her high-reaching vocals and the music and
        vocals flow like a beautiful stream. "Pandora" has a nice contrast
        between Liz's dreamier, lighter tone and her plainer vocals.

        I'm always wondering which Cocteau Twins album I like the most and I
        usually say Treasure, but I also like Heaven Or Las Vegas...Blue Bell
        Knoll...

        What is your fave Cocteau Twins album?

        Jen

        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "mosriteluv"