Re: Spice Girls Reuniting for World Tour...Yes, You Head It Here First...

  • Miss Ayn Fiend
    Message 1 of 12 , Jun 30, 2007
      I for one am ecstatic the ALL the girls are back, and ready to tour.
      I found the Spice Girls intriguing since day one, they were
      definately NOT my scene...but I tell you one thing, the people behind
      the girls were marketing geniuses. These were the Monkees of our
      generation...The movie, the toys, the break up, the ten year reunion,
      all planned in such a way that makes my businesswoman mouth water.
      I was already a grown adult when they came out, and I loved them
      since day one, not just me but also a bunch a people you didnt think
      would like em', it was the marketing and the catchy songs that made
      all this possible. i knew from the beginning these were not
      musicians of any sort, just cute girls parading about, mindless
      entertainment, and god bless em' for it!
      I still have the dolls, books, candy, I still even have the
      viewfinder!
      What possesed a woman in her young 20's to spend all her paycheck on
      spicegirl bs?! The hype baby, the hype.
      My good friend Rodney Bingeheimer was even under their spell...
      (Yes, the same man who discovered, well, you know...)
      it was funny, since none of us wanted to admit it, and when we did,
      it was like coming out of the fuckin' closet.
      Mods wearing spicegirls tees at mod/brit clubs here in LA, the dj
      playing Blur's 'parklife', then to be followed by SG's 'Wannabe'...
      Fun times, and fuck yeah Im going to be at the show, me and
      countless others who have this oh sooo guilty pleasure!
      See you all there!!!!
      Love to love the spice girls,
      Fiendy the VK7

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Joseph Whitcher
      <joseph@...> wrote:

      > You underestimate the power of nostalgia, even for that of ten years
      ago. I'm
      > sure this tour will sell juuuuust fine, and if I was a betting man
      I'd guess
      > they'll add more dates.
      >

      > ----------------------------------
      > http://grammarvulture.blogspot.com
      > http://www.myspace.com/fac51x
      > ----------------------------------
      >

      > Quoting rswappleton@...:
      >
      > > Who exactly are they expecting to attend these Spice Girls concerts?
      > > Their audience of tween girls has grown up and wouldn't be caught
      dead at
      > > such a show. And the tweens of today have no idea who the Spice Girls
      > > were. It's been a decade since they had their undeserved 15 minutes of
      > > fame: a long long time in the world of disposable pop trash.
      > >
      > > I predict lots of unsold tickets on this "World Tour".
      > >
      > > --- Raymond Scott Woolson
      > > www.raymondscottwoolson.com

    • A
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 1, 2007
        Isnt this one of the signs of the Apocalypse ?

        They where the biggest crock of Sh*t to have happened to music in a
        long time . What to be admired about hype ? With enough money you can
        hype an old rubbish . This is just another example of pure
        manufactured greed I for one hope they sell bugger all ...and
        apparently tickets range from £200- £ 325.00 . You'd have to pay me
        double that to consider sitting through their tuneless whining and
        vacuous banter . Girl Power my arse , they were in fact the complete
        opposite and show all that is wrong with the music industry

          Message 4 of 12 , Jul 3, 2007
            I think it shows quite the opposite my friend , and depise
            manufactured dross as i actually care about real music , not some
            shoddy nostalgic camp fest ! ;)

            Ive said it all here
            http://vonpip.wordpress.com/

            Pfft!

              Message 6 of 12 , Jul 5, 2007
                It did indeed . the fact it could be played on devices which have on
                and off buttons ! To be fair "What Took You So Long" was an ok pop
                song , but anybody could have sang it really . Ah well each to their own !
                Message 7 of 12 , Jul 6, 2007
                  Don't mistake me for an uncritical, lecherous and entirely passive media conduit. Your articles make some quite pertinent points re: the type of less-than-wholesome interconnections that can bind performers and audience, quality of product notwithstanding. And I expect I'll agree about ticket prices. When I saw Brian Wilson in 2003, tickets started at UK25. When he returned a year later, those prices had actually doubled.

                  A <digitalheadride@...> wrote:

                  It did indeed . the fact it could be played on devices which have on
                  and off buttons ! To be fair "What Took You So Long" was an ok pop
                  song , but anybody could have sang it really . Ah well each to their own !

                  Try the Yahoo! Mail Beta.