Re: review of Rachel Goswell's sleep shelter EP

  • John Kupchik
    Message 1 of 2 , Sep 1, 2004
      Rachel's album "waves are universal" is much better than the EP,
      in fact it's the best thing I've heard all year. It's great from start to
      finish. Check it out. I was disappointed by the EP too, but
      not the album. Songs like "warm summer sun", "deelay" and "coastline"
      are just superb.

      john
      Message 2 of 2 , Sep 2, 2004
        Hey John - It's good to hear that the full-length album is better
        than the ep! Whew! :)
        The review I wrote for Sleep Shelter ep was my immediate reaction to
        it after only a few listens. I've now listened to the ep repeatedly
        for a while and I have to say that it does have a wan, wistful charm
        overall - it's not horrible; it just doesn't have enough vitality
        and creativity to keep me interested. I'm still looking forward to
        hearing Rachel's full-length eventually...
        Jen

        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "John Kupchik"