Re: Fall Out Boy- Infinity on High, Album Review

    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 19, 2007
      Thanks so much for posting your Fall Out Boy album review here! :D
      I really enjoyed reading it, even though I haven't heard too much
      Fall Out Boy (well, I have heard their hits, since I watch FUSE
      Channel).

      It looks like they're trying to branch out more from their other
      album From Under The Cork Tree. I just love their song titles! I
      guess they rival Panic! At The Disco in that category. LOL

      I'm curious about song #13, You're Crashing, But You're No Wave - you
      say it's experimental - does that mean it's not a typical guitars 'n'
      drums song? Does it go in a more amibient or electronic direction,
      or something else? I'm just wondering. :)

      It's great to hear that all the song don't follow the template of
      This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race, because that song can get
      grating after a while.

      Thanks again for your review! :)

      Jen

      --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, "coffeeinthecafe_27"
      <coffeeinthecafe_27@...> wrote:

      > I know I know, it's a little late to be writing this album review
      as
      > it was released more than a month ago but...I can't resist.
      >
      > Watching Fall Out Boy grow so fast over just a few years has been
      > interesting. With each new album the band seems to get better and
      > better. And yes I am a big FOB fan and have been since before the
      > big time. But I encourage you not to think this review is just in
      > the opinion of a fan. I assure you that a person listening to this
      > album and hearing FOB for the first time will get the same great
      > feeling from it as a oldschool fan.
      >
      > Songs are ranked from 1(being the suckiest) to 10(being excellence).
      >
      > 1. Thriller- (8/10) Opening the CD with a bang is the song
      thriller.
      > With a metal-ish feel and Jay-Z's words speaking an Intro/outro,
      > it's hard not to like this song. I mean Jay-Z opening your album?
      It
> [...]
      > put this new album on the charts but it's not one of the best. It
      > has a great beat but that's about it. I liked it when it first came
      > out but after hearing the rest of the album psshhh.
      >
      > 4.I'm Like a Lawyer With the Way I'm Always Trying to get You Off
      > (Me&You)-8/10)- This is a softer toned song and is actually really
      > nice sounding on the ears. Patrick Stump's vocals really show on
      > this song. Something is telling me this song will be a single.
      >
      > 5. Hum Hallelujah- (6/10) Hmmm...this is where the CD is lacking. I
      > really feel like they could have done without this song. The only
      > thing I like is the lyrics.
      >
      > 6. Golden- (9/10) This is a song that is really different for FOB.
      > piano driven ballad with excellent vocals makes this song a nice
      > middle point for the album.
      >
      > 7.Tnks fr th mmrs(or Thanks for the memories without the vowels)-
      > (8/10)This is another great song that balances out the album and is
      > slated to be the next single after Arms Race. You'll hear it soon.
      >
      > 8. Don't you know who I think I am?- (9/10) A personal favorite of
      > mine. Music and Vocal wise a really great song. Lyrics wise..not so
      > much. Again really shows off the vocal range.
      >
      > 9. The (After)Life of The Party-(10/10) In my opinion the best song
      > on the album. Alot of people might disagree with me,but this song
      > has such a unique sound, the vocals are amazing, and the lyrics are
      > great. It gives me goosebumps.
      >
      > 10. The Carpal Tunnel of Love- (8/10) This song is pretty good.
      > Lyrics are strong,music is lacking. Sounds like a old style FOB
      song.

      > 11. Bang the Doldrums- (7/10) I could never quite figure out if I
      > like this song or not. It has a catchy chourus but there is just
      > something that I don't like.
      >
      > 12.Fame<Infamy- (9/10) This song is so catchy and has a great beat.
      > I always smile when I hear the lyrics.
      >
      > 13. You're crashing,but you're no wave- (7/10) This song seems to
      be
      > an experimental song for FOB. It's quite different and interesting
      > but I think that they could have also done without this song.
      >
      > 14. I've got all this ringing in my ears and none on my fingers- (9
      > 1/2)this song is so close to being perfect. It has a great
      > arrangement and the vocals are at their highest on this song. It's
      > great album conclusion.
      >
      > Album Overall- (8/10)- on a grading scale a B+ sounds about right.
      >
      > Vocals- (9 1/2 /10)- absolutley fantastic. Patrick Stump could go
      > solo with that voice and not to mention he arranges most of the
      > songs music. And after hearing his lyrics I would definitley go by
      > his solo album.
      >
      > Music- (8/10)- Was pretty good and I'm glad they used some new
      > instruments.
      >
      > Lyrics- (7/10), I feel like the lyrics on this album were really
      > lacking compared to the previous albums.
      >
      > So that's the Infinity on High album review. My reccomendation- go

    • lisa brown
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 19, 2007
        The song Your Crashing But Your No Wave is actually not different music wise. It's actually very much full of guitars and drums it's just got a different feel then what you would expect from Fall Out Boy. The lyrics are talking about a jury and a witness stand. It's not a bad song it's just different.

        <coffeeinthecafe_ 27@...> wrote:

> [...]
        > but I think that they could have also done without this song.
        >
        > 14. I've got all this ringing in my ears and none on my fingers- (9
        > 1/2)this song is so close to being perfect. It has a great
        > arrangement and the vocals are at their highest on this song. It's
        > great album conclusion.
        >
        > Album Overall- (8/10)- on a grading scale a B+ sounds about right.
        >
        > Vocals- (9 1/2 /10)- absolutley fantastic. Patrick Stump could go
        > solo with that voice and not to mention he arranges most of the
        > songs music. And after hearing his lyrics I would definitley go by
        > his solo album.
        >
        > Music- (8/10)- Was pretty good and I'm glad they used some new
        > instruments.
        >
        > Lyrics- (7/10), I feel like the lyrics on this album were really
        > lacking compared to the previous albums.
        >
        > So that's the Infinity on High album review. My reccomendation- go

        Need Mail bonding?