Re: [Stratosphere_Fanzine] Re: Top 10 Songs in TV Commercials - video clips at YouTube.com.

    Message 1 of 12 , Mar 3 7:02 AM
      I haven't been able to trace the camera advert (it ran in 2004) which featured a song called 'Picture Book' that sounded a lot like Green Day's 'Warning' track. The 'Picture Book' song is a sixties number and sounds a lot like The Turtles or similar - anyone remember it?

      Ian Stuart <master_kadali@...> wrote:
      Hi Jen, thanks for replying with some great info!
      Still don't recall the ad though (and I watch a LOT of telly!) -
      maybe it was only aired in the US? A bit ironic if that's the case,
      eh?? If anyone out there who reads this thread has that ad on tape
      somewhere please put it on YouTube!!
      Ian S.

      --- In Stratosphere_ Fanzine@yahoogro ups.com, "Jen" <jdloc4@...>
      wrote:

      > Hi Ian S. - Yes, yes, yes - I remember this advert on TV - and I
      was
      > shocked to hear the Lush song in a TV commercial - and it put a
      big
      > grin on my face at the time - and now. That's one of my most fave
      > songs by Lush.
      >
      > It's too bad the clip isn't at YouTube.com. :( Maybe someone
      will
      > post it eventually.
      >
      > If you go to this link, they give a paragraph description of the
      > commericial and some other info:
      > http://home. clara.net/ sed68/advertmusi c/songs/269lush. htm
      >
      > From what I recall, some model girl drops from the rafters in a
      chop
      > shop and steals a car, tires squealing as she makes her getaway -
      and
      > you see her smiling at end. That's all I remember, besides the
      > song. :)
      >
      > Jen
      >
      > --- In Stratosphere_ Fanzine@yahoogro ups.com, "Ian Stuart"
      > <master_kadali@ > wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all, I was trying to find the Levi's jeans ad that featured
      > > Lush's "Undertow" because I can't remember it and I couldn't
      find
      > it
      > > on YouTube - did it exist or have the guys at
      > > commercialbreaksand beats.co. uk made a mistake? There was that
      one
      > > with mermaids in it but that featured "Underwater Love" by Smoke
      > > City.
      > > Any feedback gratefully received!
      > > Ian S.
      > >
      > > --- In Stratosphere_ Fanzine@yahoogro ups.com, "Jen" <jdloc4@>
      > > wrote:
      > > >
      > > > Goldfrapp's always good. :) I've also just heard the song
      The
      > > > Mating Game by Bitter:Sweet in a Korbel champagne commerical -
      > and
      > > > it's kinda Goldfrapp-like or like The Cardigans... Here's the
      link
      > > > the commerical at YouTube.com:
      > > > http://youtube. com/watch? v=2vwEpnkCnWM
      > > >
      > > > and Bitter:Sweet' s MySpace.com Profile with the whole song:
      > > > http://www.myspace. com/thematinggam e
      > > >
      > > > Jen
      > > >
      > > > --- In Stratosphere_ Fanzine@yahoogro ups.com, lisa brown

      > > Goldfrapp.

      > > > hooked on YouTube, I did a post about
      > > those

      Me
      > > > Baby /

      Ritchie
      > > song

      > > for
      Dustin's
      > > > Kill
      > > > commercial
      > > had
      > > based

      > > commerical
      > > Lush's
      little
      > when
      > > it
      > > boring

      > > Volkswagon
      > > > phone

      > > from
      > > > the
      > > tires

      Kevin
      > > > Rahm
      > > the
      > end!
      > > > I'm
      > church

      > > ain't
      > > pause
      > > commercial.. .

      > > > commerical

      > > certain
      > without
      > tip,
      > > > the
      > > effect.

      > > short
      > > think

      Coming
      > in
      > > > the
      > > these
      > > effect
      > > > in
      > > > (eerie
      > singing

      > > sickly-
      > > commerical
      > product!
      > > fool
      > > but
      > > this
      > > > one.

      > > Sony
      > > your

      > > looking
      > pants
      > > > (you
      > walk
      > > > down
      > > monkey
      > punky
      USA
      > > TV,

      > > from
      > > > real people who know.

      It's here! Your new message!

      Message 2 of 12 , Mar 5 10:54 AM
        I think I found it on YouTube.com! Check this link out and tell me
        if it's what you're talking about. I think so - it sounds like that
        Green Day song, but from the 60s...I'll have to look up the song
        though - still not sure what it is.

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BUPAbMU5-4k

        Jen

        --- In Stratosphere_Fanzine@yahoogroups.com, Jon Gordon

        Message 3 of 12 , Mar 5 11:12 AM
          It's Picture Book by The Kinks. Here's a link to some more info
          about the commercial:

          http://kinks.it.rit.edu/misc/picturebook.html

          Oh, also still on the commercial topic, I found that Pontiac Solstice
          advert that uses that 'I Love You' song by the Dandy Warhols. The ad
          and song are great, but the video clip was taken off-center of TV
          screen by someone. Not the greatest in that sense, but better than
          nothing:

          http://youtube.com/watch?v=jS2LlySRliQ

          Jen

          Message 4 of 12 , Mar 6 11:22 AM
            Thank you Jen, I really hadn't any idea which band were featured - and I am mildly annoyed that I hadn't heard the song anywhere before that advert -

            Be a PS3 game guru.